Lexington Kentucky HD Locals

bryantcombs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I read a post about a week ago by that people in the Lexington area have heard that the switch will be flipped on these locals on 8-1. The thread has been dead about a week and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else.

well, 8-1 came and went with no HD for Lexington.

until I saw this post, I hadn't thought that they were being advertised to debut then, but I still got my hopes up a little.

I haven't actually seen Lexington even MENTIONED when Dish talks about the local HD channels they plan to light up by the end of the year.

I know they'll be there eventually...but goodness...

Being from the bluegrass area, I also keep my eyes open to read what I can on this subject. To date, basically nothing but speculation.

Just to add my miniscule bit, an analysis of what E-11 and Ciel-2 are capable of tells me that if all goes well Dish Network will have plenty of capability to do the Lexington-Louisville-Cincinnati triumvirate as soon as these satellites are in place and fully functional. Plus, the Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Columbus, Ohio group probably could be done as a group of three (or not). The only problems that might ensue for Lexington would be if Dish decided to do a spot beam covering, for example, Chillicothe, Columbus and Cincinnati, they could theoretically leave Lexington just outside the beam.

My estimate is that if Ciel-2 goes up in November, we should have our locals in HD by early to mid January 2009. With E-11 coming on line in the next few weeks, Dish will have the capability to do locals here but may choose not to. The final piece of the puzzle will be station carriage issues. It is entirely possible that the Fox stations in the area will price themselves out of the Dish market, and WKYT (CBS) in Lexington may do the same by requiring co-carriage of the CW channel, which it now carries on its alloted bandwidth as a piggy-back channel.

If you have a different opinion or any actual news, I'd be glad to read it.

Fitzie

Good to see some Lexington folks on Sat. Guys:Question

I have a 722 and also receive locals with an ota antenna. Does anyone with a similar configuration have stuttering issues on KET-3 after 8:00 (when the feed goes high-def)?

The sound is perfect, but the video stutter makes the motion appear to be at 1 frame per second.

An interesting wrinkle is that when I record programming, the playback is fine with no stuttering.

Thanks bluegrass people in advance.

My estimate is that if Ciel-2 goes up in November, we should have our locals in HD by early to mid January 2009.
Fitzie
I have the feeling they want this area to be part of the Eastern Arc, Ciel-2 is Western Arc. There's no spot beam available currently unless the sat they just moved has one.

Yes, 12Toes I have the same configuration that you have and I am noticing the same strange effect on KET's "Kentucky Channel". I've been meaning to give their engineering folks a call. Maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow (Monday). Don't know if it's KET's or Dish's problem.

I'm also anxiously awaiting Lexington locals here in London, KY. No OTA, no HD service from the cable company, means no HD networks at all.

I have a 722 and also receive locals with an ota antenna. Does anyone with a similar configuration have stuttering issues on KET-3 after 8:00 (when the feed goes high-def)?

The sound is perfect, but the video stutter makes the motion appear to be at 1 frame per second.

An interesting wrinkle is that when I record programming, the playback is fine with no stuttering.

Thanks bluegrass people in advance.

I have issues with KETHD since they moved HD to 15.3. Same problems.

so has anyone in the central/eastern part of kentucky been able to get the distant networks?

i tried early on, but was told i did not qualify. i thought it was going to be based on whether you could pick up your locals via antenna, but i guess i was based on if you have locals already available via Dish for your area.

i really miss having my Denver networks. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts