Lifetime is BACK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lifetime is back i didnt even know it till i looked around the boards i was reading on the new HD stuff and came acrossed it,

I like lifetime so that makes me a little happy

AT60 has 125 WE free preview
But NO 126 Encore Love free preview (number 126 isn't even in my guide)
which would make sense as we didn't have LMN in AT60 nor Encore Love when LMN disappeared.

Lifetime is about as "basic" a cable channel as is out there ... Dish had to make a deal sooner or later. Glad that (from outside appearances at least) Dish didn't get bent over a barrel getting these channels back on the air.

And did Dish really lose *that* many subs? That's like saying I would drop Dish for cable if Spike TV went off the air for a few days. :rolleyes:

Who won? Who knows or cares? Probably Lifetime got its increse and LMN was moved to 180 hoping that some will upgrade to make up for the increase. I doubt we will ever know for sure.

yanks2402 said:
Also, no Lifetime Real Women (yet)....Dish definitely won :)

That's the key issue - and the source of the bulk of the 76% increase.

Not familiar with the pre-spat lineup (was LMN offered at all - if so, what tier?) but that would determine how big a spanking Lifetime took.

As far as how this will impact other negotiations, don't expect many similarities except with the independent (or fairly independent) channels out there.

Chris Walker said:
WE and Oxygen will be in AT120, Lifetime will go to channel 108. The channel hasn't been taken, they are just mirroring WE there.
I have the AT 120 I had LIFE and LMN know I only have LIFE.

That makes sense. They split whatever cost there is now into 120/180. This is somewhat of a win for Dish because it says they can force, at least the smaller networks, into breaking the "must carry on all tiers" crap they try to pull. One would also expect that the price increase is no longer 72% or whatever.

Dish definately won this battle.

LMN is now in AT180 instead of AT120.

Lifetime Real Women stayed off Dishnetwork.

Bottom line....Dishnetwork won this battle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)