Lifetime Launches 'Drop DISH' Campaign

You guys obviously have some serious, deeply-rooted issues with women!! No wonder you sit in front of the tube for hours on end!! I like 'em myself!! :hungry::devil: :D :D

Last edited:
I really can't believe it has gone this far. Is it worth the extra cash that Lifetime is asking for? I mean advertising cash must be down big time now that they have a ton less people watching.

The 1,000,000 rerun of The Golden Girls is now on. I tell you, besides maybe a few new movies and shows every once and awhile, this channel is like one rerun after another. And lifetime has the audacity to supposedly want another rerun channel Lifetime Real Women carried? How about focusing on your main two channels first?

What you guys don't seem to understand is without Dish, Lifetime's brainwashing link is broken! Without them, the message "MEN ARE EVIL, MEN ARE SCUM!" cannot proliferate any further (and that is simply unacceptable) :devil:

remember viacom did the same thing. with "Know someone with the Dish Network, well make some room on your couch cause they're gonna be spending a lot more time at your house"

But then again the viacom channels was a group people actually cared about

chaddux said:
I agree with you, korsjs. I definitely think Lifetime has shown they are hiding something by refusing to release the contract details (as Echostar has agreed to do). They have no reason NOT to release the information if they have nothing to hide. DISH should uplink Oxygen on channel 108 in Lifetime's place and just move on without Lifetime.

But Charlie hasn't released the contract details either. His "slide" on the Chat was for analysis only - not the actual rates being charged or proposed. I think that the reality is that the truth probably lies somewhere between the positions of both companies.

ksload said:
But Charlie hasn't released the contract details either. His "slide" on the Chat was for analysis only - not the actual rates being charged or proposed. I think that the reality is that the truth probably lies somewhere between the positions of both companies.
Charlie can not release the contract details. He is bound by non-disclosure agreements. He offered to waive DISH's side of the NDA, but he cannot give more details without Lifetime agreeing to do so. Lifetime has not given Charlie the right to release the contract terms to the public. Lifetime can release the details if they choose since Charlie gave them the permission to do so...

ksload said:

The difference is Charlie offered to waive confidentiality and let the public evaluate whether a 76% increase was reasonable. Lifetime has declined to release the details - it's obvious who wants the public to eat up the spin instead of the facts.

These adds have to be the worst thing that Lifetime could do. Now Dish can say piss off, you want us to carry your station when you tell our customers to leave and go with another provider. Really makes you wonder what kind of idiots run the show at Lifetime.

ksload said:

As has been said by tbenning and cpanther, DISH offered to release the details BUT MUST HAVE LIFETIME'S PERMISSION FIRST. Likewise, if Lifetime wanted to release the details, they would need DISH's permission first. DISH has offered to do so. Lifetime has refused. Without Lifetime's permission, the details remain confidential. If DISH was lying about the 76% increase, they would NOT offer to release the details. The only reason Lifetime is denying the release is because it would show the truth: the increase is 76%.

Lifetime is being a hypocrit. On one hand

they say it's wrong to diclose their offer and negotiate in the public. On the other hand they are playing this dump dish campaign IN THE PUBLIC. Sorry lifetime, Disney, and Time Warner, but STATION CONTACT DETAILS SHOULD BE 100% public information and carriage should be negotiated in public. ANY CAPITALIST would invite that.

if CHARLIE did indeed receive a 76% increase

there are ALWAYS negotiations

unless of course he threw his hands up in the air and said FU and walked out

but dont forget he has done that before with few channels

i think he wants to have the last word... its called arrogance

If Dish sees that they are not losing that many customers over this and actually making a profit doing something like this then he may choose to play hardball more often.

spindoctor said:
if CHARLIE did indeed receive a 76% increase

there are ALWAYS negotiations

unless of course he threw his hands up in the air and said FU and walked out

but dont forget he has done that before with few channels

i think he wants to have the last word... its called arrogance

They were negotiating for 7 months. He clearly didn't just reject the first offer and say FU.

jerryez said:
If it were ESPN would you guys be so supportive of Charlie's position?
i knew this silly question would come up....First you are comparing apples to oranges..Women for the most part are the gender that views LT.....Men could care less..Unless they are gay or "metro-sexual"......ESPN on the other hand has a huge female audience.....
Personally my view is this:If ESPN disppeared tomorrow I'd be pissed but I WOULD GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would simply get my sports news elsewhere...Like right on this here computer......

Now that that dinosaur Gloria Steinem has gotten involved I hope Charlie tells LT and Gloria to go jump in lake..With or with out her saggy A-Cups.....

Last edited:
jeffwtux said:
They were negotiating for 7 months. He clearly didn't just reject the first offer and say FU.

Yes but he did reject lifetime's offer to renew the old contract for one more year while negotiations still take place. So he could have put the channels back without a cost change. But hey, like you guys said, so far they haven't lost many customers over this so it looks like lifetime might not be missed.

What are the chances...

How to Determine Received Bitrate and HD Resolution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)