Limit # hoppers not under contract?

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi guys

I currently have 1 hopper and 3 joeys all payed for I'm not under contact, I'm thinking of getting 2 extra hoppers and selling my 2 joeys on ebay.

I have 4 bedrooms and thinking of putting one in the basement.

Is their a limit to the amount of hoppers for people that are not under contract?

Last edited:
Think it's 2 leased hoppers per account,so you should be able to do that.

Two leased Hoppers, rest need to be purchased. I have four Hoppers, two leased, two purchased.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Message DIRT for details as I believe it still requires being approved by a special dept at Dish to add the extra Hoppers.

Here is my wiring diagram for a four Hopper and one Joey system. I have a spare DPP44 switch and thinking of cascading it with the two DPP44 switches and add a purchased Super Joey, then see if Dish will activate it. If Dish refuses to activate or it doesn't work I could sell it on ebay. My present Hopper/Joey setup, all Hoppers can see each other and the Joey can see all four Hoppers. I would like for the Super Joey to be able to do the same thing. I could experiment and try different things and see if the Super Joey can be blended in with all Hoppers as long as no damage can happen to any equipment. All my switches and nodes are located in one area (see avatar pic) so it would be easy to try different setups. Does anyone have an input or do you think adding a Super Joey is a bad idea?

HopperDiagram-Pri-PTAT.jpg

nice, I'm curious if the super joey would work with 2 hoppers

thanks again

Here is my wiring diagram for a four Hopper and one Joey system. I have a spare DPP44 switch and thinking of cascading it with the two DPP44 switches and add a purchased Super Joey, then see if Dish will activate it. If Dish refuses to activate or it doesn't work I could sell it on ebay. My present Hopper/Joey setup, all Hoppers can see each other and the Joey can see all four Hoppers. I would like for the Super Joey to be able to do the same thing. I could experiment and try different things and see if the Super Joey can be blended in with all Hoppers as long as no damage can happen to any equipment. All my switches and nodes are located in one area (see avatar pic) so it would be easy to try different setups. Does anyone have an input or do you think adding a Super Joey is a bad idea?

View attachment 96247

nice, I'm curious if the super joey would work with 2 hoppers

thanks again
if wired in a certain way, most likely (It was discussed in other threads). Nobody has actually tried yet.

The hard part will be seeing if that special department at Dish will allow you to activate the Super Joey with two hoppers as I don't think anyone has tried that either. Probably worth asking DIRT if it's possible.

I was thinking about being the first to try it but I really don't need more than the 14 SAT and 6 OTA tuners that I already have...

if wired in a certain way, most likely (It was discussed in other threads). Nobody has actually tried yet.

The hard part will be seeing if that special department at Dish will allow you to activate the Super Joey with two hoppers as I don't think anyone has tried that either. Probably worth asking DIRT if it's possible.

I think it would work too based on wiring diagrams that have been posted. I had to talk to the special department when I got the Hoppers and it was no problem getting set up. But, I am not so sure this time adding a Super Joey to four Hoppers. I think I would just purchase one and connect it up and then call them. I would think they would but you never know. If they won't authorize it, I will sell it.

I was thinking about being the first to try it but I really don't need more than the 14 SAT and 6 OTA tuners that I already have...

But, don't the geek in you curious and want to make it happen? You are the one that figured out how to make the more than two Hopper setup to work and all Hoppers and Joey can see each other. That was awesome 3HaloODST. Go for it.

I would be very interested if they would #1 authorize it and also if it works I wold love to add two more tuners to my three hoppers. So please keep us up to date.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

I didn't think the system allowed 4 Hoppers, but someone figured out how to make it happen.
The excuse E uses is MOCA bandwidth but 4 Hoppers obviously use more bandwidth than 2 H 1 SJ.

View attachment 96247

I think it would be a terrible idea for me to try it.

But you? I think it's a great idea for YOU to try it! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)