LIN and E* reach HD agreement

Show's added back to my regular watching / dvr list because of this:
All 3 Csi's
HIMYM
2.5 Men
Ghost Whisperer
Cold Case
I only watch Earl and Medium from NBC and New Amsterdam and Sarah Connors from Fox and Pushing Daisies from ABC so this will greatly increase my network watching in the football offseason... :)

This also means we'll actually have to start paying for HD locals in a few months here in the Austin area. :river

No, it means we'll actually get HD locals via the birds, and can utilize our 622's (etc) to their fullest, and not have to pick what HD show to watch in SD.

I can't wait for them to light them up (I already have a dish pointing at 61.5).

:)

:D:D:eek:

Does that mean that Dish will finally begin to broadcast the Buffalo, NY DMA channels in HD, like they promised back in 2006??:mad:
I still haven't seen Buffalo on any of E* new lists of new HD local markets.
So when is Directv gonna make the same agreement and offer the cbs outlet in buffalo in HD?
Not soon enough! Luckily I can get WIVB with my antenna and have been recording CBS HD all along first on my HR10 and now my HR20. I don't watch anything on CW (but I can receive it to with my antenna) so no biggie for me there.

So when is Directv gonna make the same agreement and offer the cbs outlet in buffalo in HD?

They might not never be able to make the same agreement. Just like others might not ever be able to be on E. some are just gonna be on one or the other.

They might not never be able to make the same agreement. Just like others might not ever be able to be on E. some are just gonna be on one or the other.
LIN and D* are in negotiations (and have been for awhile). Not sure how far apart they are, but they are talking. LIN owns too many affiliates for D* to ignore. Especially now that E* reached a deal.

I wonder if this will finally solve the WLFI/CBS/LIN/Lafayette issue. LIN owns the only station in the (1 county) DMA. Wonder if E* will uplink it (at least in SD) as part of the agreement?

I don't think Buffalo, NY is even in a spot beam. I can't remember seeing a spot covering us here in the Buffalo (western NY) area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)