Linking Joey to Other Hopper?

fishman23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Hello,

Had a 2 Hopper 1 Joey install this morning. It's awesome! Even on our old SDTV everything fits the screen much better than I had hoped. (Thanks for the help ZachS) :D

Anyways, I have a Hopper in bedroom1 and living room. There's a Joey in bedroom2. The Joey only shows living room on the list of Hoppers but I've read it should be able to communicate with the other Hopper as well if everything was hooked up right. Both Hoppers do see each other but obviously can't link yet.

Here's what my wiring looks like:

3 lines coming in, 2 going out
the top one goes directly to bedroom1 Hopper

dish1.jpg

the bottom line goes here, which apparantly allows living room Hopper to Joey to link
What do I need to change/add to allow the Joey to also see the bedroom1 Hopper?

Thanks Much

dish2.jpg

That isolator prevents the Joeys on the other side of the node from seeing the Hopper connected to the isolator. Should be using a tap instead of an isolator. If the isolator is next to the node, just remove it and connect the cables to the node but first mark which cable is connected to client and which was connected to host.

Last edited:
On the left side of the node, disconnect the isolator from the "host" port. Disconnect the cable from the "host" port of the isolator. Now connect that line to the "host" port of the node you just freed up. Now disconnect the "client" from the isolator, and connect it to the left "client" port (after removing the terminator.) Repeat this process for the right side.

Thanks guys. I'll swap them around. Question though, why did they even bother with an isolator then?

Good question, maybe he/she did not have a tap, maybe he/she did not know what he/she was doing. Isolators are to be used only when a customer wants two separate Hopper/Joey systems that don't see each other.

There won't be anything on the "right side" (top in the OP's picture). That line should go directly to the bedroom Hopper and should be fine the way it is.

If they have two Hoppers, there WILL be connections made on the right side. Of course, there is no Joey, so yes, no connection on "client." Stating the obvious...

Thanks guys, removing the isolator did the trick. Not sure why they fooled with using one to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)