List channels with lower than good pq (overcompressed)

andyg

You have not been on this forum long. But you have 3 or 4 threads going on about the same thing. People on this board get a bit upset when you keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over. You have to remember that most of the people on these boards are only the people that are having problems or are new with questions. Most people that are happy with their service and are not having problems don't post anything. The others on the board are people that work in the industry or just like to help people, but they get upset when a person has a problem and take over the board complaining about it. It's the 1% of people having a problem that post all over the internet about it. THats why it looks like all sorts of people are having the same problem. It's not most people have noproblem.

You still need to call Dish and get somebody out to look at your system. You said yourself in another post somewhere that you did a reset and the picture got better for a day. That tells us that there is a problem with YOUR system and it needs to be checked out by a TECH.

andyg

You have not been on this forum long. But you have 3 or 4 threads going on about the same thing. People on this board get a bit upset when you keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over. You have to remember that most of the people on these boards are only the people that are having problems or are new with questions. Most people that are happy with their service and are not having problems don't post anything. The others on the board are people that work in the industry or just like to help people, but they get upset when a person has a problem and take over the board complaining about it. It's the 1% of people having a problem that post all over the internet about it. THats why it looks like all sorts of people are having the same problem. It's not most people have noproblem.

You still need to call Dish and get somebody out to look at your system. You said yourself in another post somewhere that you did a reset and the picture got better for a day. That tells us that there is a problem with YOUR system and it needs to be checked out by a TECH.

look I don't even want to argue with you, but I did not start the thread of overcompression. I am just trying to discuss a problem. If you do not like it, please move on to why Fox News got sued by Echostar. There are other threads that other people don't like too..but it is a forum..so there you go. I am just trying to find out all I can about any problem that I am having..not just the tech that will come and leave without explaining what is going on.
so let me be ok

Ohh I don't mind posts that aren't favorable to Dish Network, in fact I think I had one. Go search the internet for it. I'll let you get back to your committee planning, good luck. :D :up :rolleyes:

ok smart ass..if you read the post carefully and search the internet you wil see that quite a few people are having problems with pq....people on here are not that dumb not to know to adjust TV controls if that would fix the problem..don't like the thread..move on to another one..it seems like people here do not like any posts that are not that favorable to dish network

Many people say that their picture quality with dish nwk is crystal clear. Is it true for ALL the channels you subscribed, or there are some with only half decent quality/overcompressed maybe?

here are the channels that I am less than happy with:

Fox Soccer
Tennis
FSN Ohio
GOL TV
..... keep counting

what are the channels with pq you are not satisfied with?

Honestly, does Dish even carry these channels? Personally, I'd be ok if they were FREAKING BLACK so I could get HD locals.

That's about the most useless set of channels I've seen. If you have a problem with their picture quality, I would point out that you and maybe ten other people are watching them.

Honestly, does Dish even carry these channels? Personally, I'd be ok if they were FREAKING BLACK so I could get HD locals.

That's about the most useless set of channels I've seen. If you have a problem with their picture quality, I would point out that you and maybe ten other people are watching them.

Well that's ok.. that is your personal opinion. You can get HD locals over the air soon.
but anyway...your preferences are different than say mine and that's ok. Personally I don't like locals, but so what this thread is not a discussion of channel preference.

I pay 10 extra every months to get those and other extra channels, so I expect the quality to be at least half decent. If you do not watch those, that's ok you've made your choice by not signing up for those.

andyg

I called Dish again, they told me to try a few other things. To make you happy they also said that if that does not fix, then call them back to schedule a tech to come over. I will check what they suggested when I get back home and report the results.

look I don't even want to argue with you, but I did not start the thread of overcompression. I am just trying to discuss a problem. If you do not like it, please move on to why Fox News got sued by Echostar. There are other threads that other people don't like too..but it is a forum..so there you go. I am just trying to find out all I can about any problem that I am having..not just the tech that will come and leave without explaining what is going on.
so let me be ok

Look I have never tried to argue with you. I have tried to help you with your problem far more than others. You seem to be the one that wants to argue. All I have tried to do is explain why some people get a little testy with people that ask the same question in 4 different threads.

Thats great you want to know why you are having a problem, but thats not what you are doing. You even said that your system was much better after a reboot. So we know that there is a problem with your system, it's not a system wide problem with over compression causing it.

All the NHL Center Ice SD games from the RSNs in the 400's are frickin terrible. Why Dish will not trim the # of RSN's on a single TP down is really fustrating.

Look I have never tried to argue with you. I have tried to help you with your problem far more than others. You seem to be the one that wants to argue. All I have tried to do is explain why some people get a little testy with people that ask the same question in 4 different threads.

Thats great you want to know why you are having a problem, but thats not what you are doing. You even said that your system was much better after a reboot. So we know that there is a problem with your system, it's not a system wide problem with over compression causing it.

thanks Dave. I will try not to argue :) and thanks for all your help!

If they advertise HD being superior to SD and it's not because of all the artifacts of PQ due to MPG4 compression, they have to improve.

I watch Fox NFL and it looks like a cartoon. When there is no camera movement (in a huddle) I can see the individual grass leaves on a closeup. Once the camera moves, the green field turns into a solid mass of pastel green color with zero detail. Same when there's a closeup of a player where you can see an individual pimple on his face. As soon as he moves his head, the face skin turns into a blob of skin colored mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts