List of Dish Receivers with NO PVR/DVR Fees??!

tamgelikah

Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
California
Looking to upgrade my receiver. Anyone readily have the list of Dish receivers that do not have the $5.98 monthly DVR/PVR Fee? These are the ones I am aware of ...

Standard Receivers

HD Receivers
???

Can anyone add any to the list? Are there any HD Receivers without a monthly DVR/PVR Fee?

Thanks in advance.

I can subtract from your list. The 522 incurs the DVR fee.

I think the old 7100/7200 and the 721's, along with the 501 and 508, are the complete and all-to-abbreviated list. I don't think we can activate any but the 501 and 508 at this time. Very abbreviated list. :(

I do have a good reliable 501 that I'd like to sell. Hearing bad things about ebay from sellers these days. Any recommendations? I'm a pub member so I can post to SatelliteGuys Classifieds - SatelliteGuys.US, but I haven't seen much activity over there.

I think all of these will not be activated any more. Given the TiVo suit, I believe Dish is not allowing any new activations of these old receivers. The only way now is to get a 211 and pay the external hard drive fee and get the DVR functionality that way.

Hmmm. I wonder what sort of offer, if any, we'll receive to "upgrade" from our 508s if they do decide (or are forced) to withdraw them. Not sure I really need a DVR where the 508 is. Maybe I should copy the stuff off it I want to keep and just sell it.

Not sure I really need a DVR where the 508 is. Maybe I should copy the stuff off it I want to keep and just sell it.
Man, these half-hearted DVR users, I don't understand. But then I'm a DVR Addict, if there's a TV and I'm going to watch it, a DVR needs to be there. :)

Actually, I usually watch DVR'd material on my 61" JVC in the living room, connected to a ViP722. Or on a 52" Samsung in my bedroom, connected to another ViP722. The 508 is connected to a 36" CRT SDTV in the rec room, watched only by my in-laws. And they only watch local OTA channels, never Dish. So it sits unused. But it's not costing me anything.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)