List of HD Channels NOT Available on Dish Network: Version 2 Updated

I've seen that MSG HD has been uplinked for over a year now...what's the deal? As a Sabres fan, the SD feed is really, really sad...I want to see my team fall apart in HD! :)

Chris

We have several updates on the list. I have added a few channels I have gotten information from press releases or email contacts to confirm. I have also updated the launch dates of BBC America to the 3rd Quarter 2009 and Ion TV to February 16th, 2009.

Can i ask where the q3 2009 for bbc america was announced, i am really interested in that and would like to follow along or add my support.

great list thanks

MultiChannel News issued a press release about BBC America stating they were delaying their HD channel due to the economic recession and higher than expected cost of getting fully prepared for the 24/7 channel. The press release said officially "mid 2009" but that sounds like at least May or June and that would be at the earliest. I said 3rd Quarter 2009 because mid 2009 to me sounds like late July or August for BBC America HD.

I believe that perhaps the page I saw on Voom's website was correct. They talked about having ONE channel called Voom that would incorporate a lot of the programming from remaining channels that didn't get passed off to other networks. I am going to wait and see another week or so to verify though before I pull Equator HD, Oasis HD, Rush HD and Treasure HD.

If dish could get them channels back I would want rave and monsters but we all know that isnt going to happen

Keeping up with the "Jones's"

Where is the source for Univision HD? I can't believe it will launch until next year.
They are mostly trying to keep up with the competion. Telemundo is scheduled to go HD in few months. TV stations that carry it got new receivers from Tele a few months ago and were told that the net would go HD sometime this year. 2nd possibility the 2 nets are being confused with each other.

I have seen a few sources, but Univision HD has the weakest information I collected to add it to the list. Another I will add later is BET J HD as, Dish Network just announced on a Retailer Chat that it was coming with the other basic Viacom services.

I have seen several Univision affiliates that seem to be 24/7 HD feeds. I understand that not all programming is HD probably. I have a small list of updates coming soon to the list.

I believe that perhaps the page I saw on Voom's website was correct. They talked about having ONE channel called Voom that would incorporate a lot of the programming from remaining channels that didn't get passed off to other networks. I am going to wait and see another week or so to verify though before I pull Equator HD, Oasis HD, Rush HD and Treasure HD.
According to voom.com there is a link in the bottom right corner for RUSH HD. I am guessing they will be the remaining two Voom Channels.

(OT- sorry couldn't resist = settle with Smithsonian and add Voom and rush, then it would be 10 HD channels for $10. Almost worth it...)

Have we know confirmed the Canadian Vooms (save a channel called Voom) is gone? As I pointed out above, seems their respective websites think they still have programming.