List of HD Channels NOT Available on Dish Network: Version 2 Updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have we know confirmed the Canadian Vooms (save a channel called Voom) is gone? As I pointed out above, seems their respective websites think they still have programming.
Don't know on this... but updated again, Thanks Adam!
DBSOgre said:
ABC News Now HD can be searched on Google to see a provider currently carrying it in an HD premium package.

Blue Highways TV HD was confirmed by their own CEO through email communications, and God TV HD was announced on Israel's 60th birthday.
:up

I removed the Voom channels because I only want to list Foreign Imports likely to come at some point. Those channels have lost their single biggest programmer as far as I thought. I am keeping Voom HD listed only because I believe the website is most accurate in it's saying that Voom HD would just be ONE 24/7 HD network going forward.

I removed the Voom channels because I only want to list Foreign Imports likely to come at some point. Those channels have lost their single biggest programmer as far as I thought. I am keeping Voom HD listed only because I believe the website is most accurate in it's saying that Voom HD would just be ONE 24/7 HD network going forward.
High Fidelity HDTV currently distributes 4 HD channels, Rush HD, Treasure HD, Equator HD and Oasis HD in Canada. They license the name of the first three channels from Voom HD Networks/Rainbow Media, and these three channels air a significant amount of programming from Voom/Rainbow, but have never mirrored the US version of these former channel's schedule. Oasis HD also airs Voom/Rainbow programming, in addition of other stuff. High Fidelity HDTV has an agreement with Smithsonian and others to air programming besides what they obtain from Voom/Rainbow. They also have a requirement to air a certain number of hours of Canadian focused/produced programming.

The international version of Voom HD (one channel), and the international version of Rush HD do not currently air in the US, nor does the international version of Rush HD mirror what High Fidelity HD airs on Rush HD in Canada (nor what the the US version previously aired on E*/Cablevision).

Although not nationally they are carrying at least one of the Superstations mentioned in the HD LIL. For NY WPIX-HD.

This list rocks, but is there any version control on it? So that you can see when it was most recently updated? That would really help.

Check the bottom of the first post. It will say who was the last to edit it and when.

Just like the bottom of this post.

Last edited:
Max channels

I didn't read through all five pages of responses but you have some Max multichannels listed as Q2 2009 but they in fact are all live as we speak, as I have the luxury of having all 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD with FIOS. Overall your list is pretty good. As far as premiums go, you are right that those Encores and Showtimes are not yet launched and will be soon. Also, I believe the Oprah channel is 2010, not 2009, but I may be wrong about that.

Again, I didn't read through all the pages of responses and am sorry if this was already brought to your attention.

Thanks.

Did I miss where amc hd, fx hd, ifc hd, speed hd, and WE hd were uplinked or announced as coming "soon"?

BET J HD is still listed under the Rumored Channels Not Yet Launched.

I have yet to see anything in HD on this channel. It also used to be a pretty decent Jazz-type channel when I had it on TCI WAY back in the day. But I haven't seen any of that either. Hopefully the next go round will give actual HD content, as opposed to lip service.

Off topic here, but Black Television News Channel...that is a bit racist. Imagine if a channel called White Television News Channel. Imagine the how that would go over. I don't mind the idea of a channel catering to any group of people, but this pushes more of a wedge between us. We are now going to have a mixed race president don't you think it is about time we started acting like a mixed race country. I am sure if any of the national news channels focused only on "white" news it would cause an outrage.

I would say your off topic, but thats not my decision. But my two cents: If you think of that channel in terms of race in the context of black or white, than of course you divide people if thats the way you wish to percieve it. But if you think of Black TV News Channel as being built around a culture with its own values and ideals, a channell no different than the listed Italian American Network, Jewish Life TV Channel, or TeleFutura HD, just to name a few...than that makes it much different now doesn't it. If there is any wedge pushed anywhere, its usually because of if a conceptual misunderstanding, or the intentional desire to take advantage of a conceptual misunderstanding, or worse...creating one. ;)

I have yet to see anything in HD on this channel. It also used to be a pretty decent Jazz-type channel when I had it on TCI WAY back in the day. But I haven't seen any of that either. Hopefully the next go round will give actual HD content, as opposed to lip service.

The content of the channel aside, the channel is certainly available on Dish, so I'm not sure why it's still listed on the Not Available list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)