List of HD Channels NOT Available on Dish Network

It is available for negotiations, but Dish has complained that they charge to them much more than they do the 3 cable companies that co-own the channel. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dish has even taken them to court before and lost or something like that.

I just can't wait for IFC channel in HD... that is one of my FAV channel ..Love to watch those UNCUT greal movies in HD...
But really MISSED VOOM CHANNELS :( I loved most of them , Wish they get it back again !!finger cross

I'm kinda happy with my 722...I wants to get another 722 for my bedroom as upgrade. But now I gonna wait till mid next year, to upgrade to newer box then. I just wanna they come up with more new HD channels because is fun. My FAV show is “supernatural” series on CW/44..Broadcast in HD… But in dish or any cable company DO NOT get that in HD.. Only gets that in of air antenna such as SUX!! That is old school but still doing that! Just don’t understand why

Got the regional sports networks added as soon as a moderator posts my updates for the list. PM'd Mr. Fergie, and I counted 25 regional sports networks not full-time. That's pretty much all of them. LOL. A few other general updates too, including moving Crime & Investigation Network HD & Hallmark Channel HD to the "Channels Not Yet Launched" list.

I am not going to include Peachtree TV HD on the list unless it will be available outside of the local HD package that it goes in. I am working on another list for HD locals that will include those channels.

I would advise some skepticism about the "Channels To Be Launched" section.

I'd be surprised if Style has any HD content available.

The same applies to Mun2 - it's an off-shoot of Telemundo, and I have yet to hear of any Telemundo HD plans (or any plans for any hispanic HD).

It would also be helpful if the top list had " * " next to all Newscorp channels, " ** " next to all Rainbow channels, and " *** " next to all Viacom channels.

BTW, it seems likely that the Viacom HD channels will be added during the next few weeks...

I don't know why there is a list of channels not launched yet. Especially if they don't have a definite date. You could list any channel and put a HD after it and say it isn't launched yet. ie... G4 HD they may have a channel in the future, why not just list every non HD channel.

Because every single channel under the Channels Not Yet Launched section has at some point announced definite plans for HD. Even Mun2 has said they would be launching HD in the future a while back. I remember seeing it in MultiChannel News. All channels listed have made mention at least of launching in HD. Most of them have information available if you do some digging.

Looking at the list of HD RSNs, I have to note that there isn't going to be a MASN2HD in the immediate future.

MASNHD this year was only live on an event-by-event basis; 40 Nats games, 40 Orioles games. Next spring MASN HD will launch as a 24/7 channel showing 100 Nats games and 100 Orioles games in HD.

Whichever team in relegated to MASN2 on a given night will be in SD.

It is available for negotiations, but Dish has complained that they charge to them much more than they do the 3 cable companies that co-own the channel. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dish has even taken them to court before and lost or something like that.

Mojo HD has now announced that that they will cease operating. December I think they said.

There is a bunch on the list of "not launched yet" that even on their own websites don't mention anything about going HD. Really only channels that have a date and have made an announcement should be on that list. Otherwise you may be getting peoples hopes up for nothing.
Maybe, you should just list every SD channel and say that the date hasn't been announced yet.

As I've said before, ALL channels under the "Not Yet Launched" section have had a press release at some point stating the that they would be made available in HD. I'll admit that you can't get much more vague than that, but I think a network that has officially announced they will have an HD channel should be included. Why some of these channels don't have anything on their website is beyond me.

YES is in there now in the "Sport Pack" area that should be renamed the RSN / Sport Package area.

I just looked at the channel offerings, including the Multi-Sport pack, and I still don't see YES listed...it's the one channel that prevents my in-laws from switching.

As I've said before, ALL channels under the "Not Yet Launched" section have had a press release at some point stating the that they would be made available in HD.
A case in point is Chiller. They announced before they turned up the channel that they would be going live with the SD, HD and demand versions simultaneously.

I second the removal of MOJO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts