Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

Just passing this along, got this from Amazon.COM this is a list of whats supposed to be hot in the world of Video Games this year.

Hottest Games, Consoles & Accessories for 2011 Holiday Season!

GAMING ITEMS: TOP 11 HOTTEST PRODUCTS
1. Battlefield 3 (Playstation / XBOX360)
Highly anticipated game released in October; this game is one of the blockbuster releases

Amazon.com: Battlefield 3: Xbox 360: Video Games

2. Call of Duty Series
Just released: Call of Duty is the other monster first person shooter release this season

Amazon.com: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Xbox 360: Video Games

3. Super Mario Brothers Accessories
Super Mario T-shirts & plush toys are hugely popular

Amazon.com: super mario brothers Stuffed Animals & Plush Toys

4. Wii Controllers (Nunchuk / Zapper Gun)
Take your Wii gaming to the next level with these.

Amazon.com: Wii Controllers: Remotes, Racing Wheels, Gamepads, Guitars, Drums, Dance Mats

5. Batman Arkham City (Playstation / XBOX360)
The hugely popular new sequel to Batman Arkham Asylum!

Amazon.com: Batman: Arkham City: Playstation 3: Video Games

6. Xbox 360 Live Subscriptions
Xbox Live subscriptions are great holiday gifts, allowing online play for all your gamers

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=xbox+live+subscription&sprefix=xbox+live+sub

7. Forza Motorsport 4 (XBOX 360)
The biggest new driving game this year for the Xbox

Amazon.com: Forza Motorsport 4: Xbox 360: Video Games

8. Gears of War 3 (XBOX 360)
Released Oct 24th exclusively for the Xbox.

Amazon.com: Gears of War 3: Xbox 360: Video Games

9. Xbox 360 Console
Xbox 360 is the only gaming console to make the top 10 list

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 4GB Console: Video Games

10. Rage (Playstation / XBOX 360)
Hot new first-person shooter game released Oct 4.

Amazon.com: Rage: Xbox 360: Video Games

11. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Playstation / XBOX 360)
BAFTA award-winner & only 2010 game to earn a place on the top products list

Amazon.com: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Xbox 360: Video Games

Interesting that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is on that list when the new Need for Speed: The Run is out next week. Since the list is from amazon, maybe they have a large stock of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in stock?

Skyrim not on the list, but my kids and all their friends stayed up until they could buy it a midnight last night. They all seem to be a big yawn over the 1st person shooters, saying they are all the same and have become boring.

Skyrim not on the list, but my kids and all their friends stayed up until they could buy it a midnight last night. They all seem to be a big yawn over the 1st person shooters, saying they are all the same and have become boring.

Though a massive RPG like Skyrim isn't my cup of tea, it's good to hear reason for hope that the next generation may force developers to create more quality AAA titles that don't involve military-style FPS gameplay.

Speaking of which, I can't say enough about Batman Arkham City. Easily my GOTY for 2011, though I hear Skyrim may be tough to beat this year.

Interesting that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is on that list when the new Need for Speed: The Run is out next week. Since the list is from amazon, maybe they have a large stock of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in stock?
I played Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for exactly two sessions (About 1.5 hours game time) before I traded it out for something else. Just an awful, awful game. So yeah, I expect there will be a big backstock of it. I'm interested in The Run, but I won't be buying until I see some gameplay footage and reviews. Hot Pursuit burned me, and so I'm a little gunshy with the Need for Speed franchise right now.