Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network offers an amazing selection of movies, TV shows, sporting events and adult programming via a number of different technologies. The attached document explains all of these technologies to you!

Attachments

• Focus on Movies, Sports and More.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,427
Well they already have a mistake ...
in the PDF Page 3 of 7 ... under IP-VOD .. Block Buster Movie Pass ... says "Customers must have a ViP 622, .. 722, 722k ..."

and on the page just before it.. (pg 2 of 7) in the spreadsheet chart..
IP-VOD - lists 922, 722, 722k, 622, 612, *THEN* says BBMP Titles: 722, 722k and 612 only.

I believe its the PG 2 of 7 sheet that's wrong ... should say "622 only" they corroborate that on Pg 5 of 7 in the 3rd FAQ, "DISH Online (ViP 622 ...)"

And then there's this whole FAQ for "can I record PPV"... "Video On Demand and IP-VOD content may not be recorded using your DVR..." statement .. its stupidly worded .. they mean can not be saved indefinitely, they are considered "rental" or "limited viewing" titles which they affirm with the "(however these titles remain accessible on the receiver until...)"

well at least the last one is just a poorly worded one not contradicted like the 612/622 :)

I know.. minor.. but someone is paying attention.. ;)

:)

Well, minors aside, it's great that Scott shared this!

I know Charlie & Co. are bidding on the Hulu thing and if this happens a great deal more content will become available. What is shown above is already needlessly complex & klutzy an does not reflect the possible addition of Hulu. My point is this - Dish should take a fresh look at the organization and presentation of their voluminous content. It's a great problem to have, but they need to address it.

Just my 2 cents.

--Doug

My point is this - Dish should take a fresh look at the organization and presentation of their voluminous content. It's a great problem to have, but they need to address it.
Most definitely agreed!! Their Shock & Awe campaign would wow the most staunch critic .... the problem is, that with their current organization and presentation of the content, that's all they've got is Shock & Awe.. :) And agreed also about Scott posting.. it gives a better pov ... and also gives something that Dish CSR's can be referred to when they say something nutty... :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH Network offers an amazing selection of movies, TV shows, sporting events and adult programming via a number of different technologies. The attached document explains all of these technologies to you!

Is there any way to post the attachment so those that use the mobile app can view it...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)