List your favorite FTA bird and channel's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
I would be interested in knowing what the number 1 target's are for the majority of FTA receivers. Could you list your top few birds, and the channels that bring you there, and what you love about it?

I will start with a channel I love, which I get from a local Fox channel on my OTA HDTV receiver, but have learned that it can also be gotten on G10R. This would be The Tube. 24 hour music video, but nothing but the greatest songs. Once I get my new motor, the last one got hurt in Wilma, I will be pointing to G10R to catch the tube.

So it does not matter what you love, let us know what it is, and where it is. Does anybody know of anyone who is publishing an FTA directory that is sorted by subject, like music, and sports?

Does anyone know of a web site that watches for unexpected transmissions that would interest a lot of people, where they post the find to a real-time web site so others can find it fast?

My 36" dish survived Wilma, and my pipe is still plumb. I wish I could say good thing about that motor I got from Sadoun. The plastic gear broke. It would cost $35 to get the replacement. A micro switch also broke, so I scrapped it and ordered a Stab with metal gears from SGA. Joe

I would like to put up my 5' dish for the out door channel at G10,but before this, I need to get something to cover up or block the view from street, so the dish will not be explosure to the public view, I just don't want to pay the damn $35.oo permit.

PSB said:
The Tube has been gone from G10R for some time now : (

The Tube still exists.
Your going to hate me, but I stumbled across it yesterday before I reset my receiver... They were showing DeLite's the groove is in the heart video.
I will post if and when I find it again.

favorite satellite-any satellite that has college hockey (prefreably WCHA)

favorite channel-Fighting Sioux Sports Network and "service 1", "TV 1" Ascent Media", etc...these are the names of the feeds for hockey :)

G10R & IA6

I've become an RTN junkie as of late.

Someone said there is a RTN website. Anyone know if there is one?

Mike
NY

Favorite Satellite: I have to choose between Ia5 and G10r?? Well...Ia5, just for the diversity. Where else am I going to get Asian game shows where people have to jump through foam shark's heads to win a prize?

Favorite channels: any of the UPN/WB stations on G10r, mostly for Veronica Mars and Everybody Hates Chris, plus all of the different times I can watch South Park repeats :)

Other favorite channels include CCTV9, BVN (Dutch Sesame Street!), PBS, and DMC -- mostly for the singing crocodiles in drag that pop up during the monk's speeches.

found 'the tube' on G-10R 11718(V) 27.692

I just got into FTA for 'The Empire Network' to watch the Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Amercs games.

Does anybody know if The empire network is still around. I was hoping to find it on AMC5 Ku FTA.

Did any of the Hockey fans ever get this channel?

Empire ceased early this spring……

Yes the hockey games (Sabres) use to be on there (on FTA) :)

My favs:

- CBS Newspath, ABC NewsOne Channel
- All other news feeds (Service 1, Service 2, Tandberg Service, DIGITAL SNG, etc...) and sports backhauls
- NBC 4:2:2 feeds on AMC1
- Intl broadcasts on IA5 especially during a regional crisis

Also nice to have some east coast stations available for those of us out west.

Here you have it.

For news I like CCTV-9 Galaxy3
For movies X-rated KISB-5on Int-amc5 Around 3 or 4 A.M. weekend mostly.
For the best game on the face of the earth (FOOTBALL) Ecuavisa on Nauel 1

Favorite FTA

My favorite satellite is definitly G10R with the various RTN feeds. I have set up my PC with a satellite card to automatically record a selection of shows each day. The only problem I have is that I need a second PC sat card for I do not miss some while recording others. I'm building up quite a collection of some of my favorite shows.

Second on my list is the new TCM Canada on StarChoice. My PVR is working overtime now. But this is a subscription channel... so I guess it would not count.

I have found some listings for the various RTN channels on Titan and Yahoo, but do not have listings for all the RTN stations yet.

My new favourite is the Omni channel (okay, I guess it doesn't count 'cause its on C-band) on IA13 Lots of reallly hokey B-movies. The Russian sports channel on IA5 sometimes has some interesting programmes...(but I sure do miss Empire!)

I also like the fact that I can see WWE's Smackdown! three hours early since I seem to fall asleep around 7:30 every night.

G10r for typical tv shows, RTN and Fox, also IA8 for NBC, and I like to keep an eye on Amazonas to see what's happening. I also move around to the various news channels depending on what's available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.