Little Information Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joecap1946

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Wewahitcka, Florida
I'm just curious. I have a 722 on single mode. I know I can record two shows at once. But can I also record 2 shows and purchase and watch a VOD on the main TV.

Thanks in advance.

Never Tryed it.
I would say if its the VOD Via Internet, Yes You can, Because it will download it into your DVR recordings, from there it can be played while watching or recording 2 live shows.

Now if its the channel 501 VOD, I would say no , because those are live Satellite feeds.
Just the same as PPV.
2 Live satellite feeds are the max you can have at once.
Now If you have OTA then you could do it if 1 of your recordings are OTA and 1 Satellite

Last edited:
Never Tryed it.
I would say Unless its the VOD Via Internet, Yes You can, Because it will download it into your DVR recordings, from there it can be played while watching or recording 2 live shows.

Now if its the channel 501 VOD, I would say no , because those are live Satellite feeds.
Just the same as PPV.
2 Live satellite feeds are the max you can have at once.
Now If you have OTA then you could do it if 1 of your recordings are OTA and 1 Satellite
Thanks Hemi, appreciate you quick response.

The answer is yes AS LONG AS it is a true VOD --the program is on your hard drive-- and not a PPV channel -- another satellite channel.

In the single mode, you can record 2 satellite channels, record one OTA channel and watch a DVR event (VOD, IP On Demand, or DVRed program) at the same time.

EDIT
:::Wow.. you guys are fast. :) ::::

See ya
Tony

The answer is yes AS LONG AS it is a true VOD --the program is on your hard drive-- and not a PPV channel -- another satellite channel.

In the single mode, you can record 2 satellite channels, record one OTA channel and watch a DVR event (VOD, IP On Demand, or DVRed program) at the same time.

EDIT
:::Wow.. you guys are fast. :) ::::

See ya
Tony
Laughing........yeah we are fast.

Thank you Tony for the reply.

PPV= live streaming via sat tuner
VOD= downloaded in its entirerty on the HDD for playback.
DishOnLine = downloaded via broadband connection.

I found on my old 625, in single mode, that I could NOT use both sat tuners if I viewed the Dish VOD--meaning the movies already downloaded on the HDD. In other words, it, essentially, would only allow the use of one tuner to record sat while I was watching Dish VOD movie already downloaded-not a live strem--on the HDD; the other tuner would not function unless I ceased viewing the Dish VOD. I tried this many times and confirmed this.

Now, either it is the same with the ViP's or it does allow the use of both sat tuners while watching VOD? If someone could say for certain that they know for certain from experience and have done this and confirmed the behavior, please.

DishOnLine can be in downloading mode without affecting any of the sat or OTA tuners.

The quick answer is no.

It's funny I had the same problem last night. I had two programs recording on my 722 and I wanted to watch something VOD. I tried to start a VOD and the receiver told me that I would be cancelling the recording that was on. Instead of VOD I used DISHOnline and downloaded something to watch.

It reminded me that I need to get an antenna hooked up, so that I can record one of my programs OTA and then I can watch something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)