Little success but not with G25..?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AndyCYXU

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 4, 2008
Little success but not with G25 stubborn satellite.. I bought a motor set it up best i could and I think it's doing pretty good job.. getting

Hispasat C/1d
AMC5
Echo3 <-well few channels from there it was nice to set the dish to it QUALITY was at 100 !!!! WOW on one of the freq.

but still nothing decent on G25 once i got her a little over 60pts, but by squeezing the dish on the sides weird.. most of the time it's nothing or 12-25pts :mad: I start to think that this dish is out of shape.. the 3 satellites above switch automatically motor moves between them HANDS OFF Kewl !!!

Could dish as in plate be lousy? :confused:

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Are you sure that you have a powerful transponder selected. For me, 11936 H 20000 is very powerful. 84% quality on my 90cm dish. See what your quality looks like on that tp.

:)

Brent

AndyCYXU

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 4, 2008
stubborn G25 or crapy dish or lousy installer LOL ?

on this which i had to input manually i get quality = 0-1 :rolleyes:

best quality i get on 12007 and 12177 = 10-15 pick at 20 even enough for receiver to sometimes recognize that is it in fact G25..

literally by squeezing the sides of the dish in as in making it more round so standing behind the dish i actually push on to and in the sides of the dish i can achieve even 40-60 "according to my trusty watcher:p)which is more then enough to watch decent TV, but you can't make it stay like that as if the dish had to be more round

on Hispasat which my dish points pretty much on my neighbor's house and into the ground :D i get 25+ for quality and perfectly watchable channels, very nice.. yet on a bird that i have direct line in sight i get squat :(

also once onto the G25 freq i adjust the motor in USER mode where it seems that on click moves a dish just a tad to the east/west.. i decided no longer to touch any screws on my dish/motor elevation since i get perfectly well 3 satellites so these settings should not be off.. not by much anyways i do not think since i am getting very nice signal for the most part so i think the dish/motor elevation are pretty well set

Hispasat does not seem to rezoned well to my dish squeezing as G25 loves it :rolleyes:, but like i said you can't make it stay like that anyways:p

I tried moving the LNB little further/closer to the dish as it can be moved back and forth by half and inch or so.. being out further so the neck of the LNB touches the bracket seems to work best for all the satellites i pick up so far.. including the stubborn G25

the few pics LNB how it can be moved back and forth a little this way seems to be the best "back and away"
dish is now pointing on Hispasat.. you can see my neighbor's house there it's pretty much pointing almost in to it :D I have not seen him a few days maybe it fell from the sky and in his living room:clap

and one more of the mechanism.. this pole is actually plum i just made a stupid angle picture :rolleyes:

any suggestions .. ?

Attachments

• DSC02728.JPG
    DSC02728.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC02725.JPG
    DSC02725.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC02724.JPG
    DSC02724.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 149

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
If it's possible, take a small tv and receiver out to the dish with you. Having an observer watching the TV really injects more confusion into the process. Then, just push on one side of the dish and see if you get any improvement. Then try the other side. Remember that you have to allow time for the signal to stabilize. You'll have better luck with all the components right out there with you. I found a small TV for about $10 , that works well enough for this purpose.

Brent

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
These dishes are offset dishes, which means that they are actually seeing a spot in the sky that is 22 degrees above where the dish appears to be aimed. That is why it appears as though the dish is pointed at your neighbor's house... It is actually seeing a signal coming from 22 degrees higher.

As for your signal problem, it is possible your dish is clamshelled (warped). Try to lay the reflector face down on a completely flat surface. If the dish rocks, or doesn't touch the flat surface all the way around, the dish is warped. This will dramatically affect signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)