LIVE 1/27 Retailer Chat Coverage

The DHA requirements are just asinine! Dish is just shifting all the risk to the retailer. If I were a retailer, I wouldn't do DHAs.

Still talking about the Warranty Plan.

Now while they do this, if you are on DHA you are using Equipment owned by Dish Network, if their equiment breaks you must pay for it even though its their equipment? Or you can get it fixed FREE if you pay an additional $5.99 a month for a warranty? The equipment is THEIRS shouldnt they pay for fixing it? If you have cableTV and your Digital Cable box blows up the cable company fixes the box for you free.

Whats wrong with this picture.

On February 1st when a new customer signs up the retailer information is tied to the account this way if a customer has a problem and goes to dishnetwork.com and clicks on help it will tell the customer to call the installing dealer for help.

Also on System INFO screens this information will also be shown as well.

They talked briefly on the HD receiver / TV bundle, Charlie says hes getting a lot of mail from customers very happy with their new HDTV's.

Nothing more about HDTV said yet.

Dish is starting some kind of Retialer Amnisty program which will allow dealers to place used equipment in new customers homes.

Dish asks retailers if they are putting an old DVR in a subs home to please erase all timers and recorded shows before putting the unit in a users home.

Now talking about Inventory

Our own Claude Greiner just called and and told them he does not like DHA and Jim disagrees with what claude said. They hang up on Claude and dont really adress his issues.

Yes they screen the callers.

(Great timing for the ISP to do maintance, but we were only down for a few seconds) :D

A bunch of calls and emails all dealing with sensitive information.

Yes folks this chat is a DUD. Whats going on at Dish?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes folks this chat is a DUD. Whats going on at Dish?
Far from being a dud. They covered the absolute most important thing for me and I'd imagine pretty much everyone else here. Fort Wayne locals. I can officially get on the waiting list for my locals Feb 12th. Woohoo. I'm now number 15,827th on the wait list with a scheduled upgrade install date of Feb 14th...2008 :yes

What? You guys don't care about my locals? :no

Yeah good luck getting a SuperDISH installed anywhere close to Feb 12th. :)

The chat was a dud to me, nothing new was announced infact most of the chat was Jim and Charlie telling people to tune into the next Chat or go to Team Summit in May for additional details.

I hate the sound like Bob Haller, but Dish is not being run by anyone, they are just doing bandaid fixes for major problems, and at the same time they are creating more problems. Its actually sad.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now while they do this, if you are on DHA you are using Equipment owned by Dish Network, if their equiment breaks you must pay for it even though its their equipment? Or you can get it fixed FREE if you pay an additional $5.99 a month for a warranty? The equipment is THEIRS shouldnt they pay for fixing it? If you have cableTV and your Digital Cable box blows up the cable company fixes the box for you free.
I brought this up when I first heard about this plan. I can see Dish being able to force people to pay for equipment if it is abused but not if it fails within the first year of service. Probably damaged/abused equipment would not be covered anyway, warranty or not.

So much of what is happening looks like somebody is gathering huge amounts of available cash and concentrating on pumping up subscriber numbers. Perhaps building a warchest? Or inflating the value of the company before a takeover attempt? Or maybe I am just missing the logic of what is going on.

This is sad, I have been a loyal E* sub since 96 but have been thinking recently about switching to D* for a D*Tivo and 2 standard receivers and the TC+ programing package since I have old E* equipment (2000 and 2700/2800) and will need a SuperDish upgrade to receive my E* locals anyway. It is rumored that on 3/1 that D* is going to start matching the E* new customer promotions and include a Free D*Tivo upgrade. D* is also adding my locals once they can get final FCC approval and a satellite at 72.5, so I am thinking why pay $99 to upgrade to the DVR510 with 1 tuner and no Season Pas, when I can get a D*Tivo from D* with 2 tuners and Season Pass, possibly for Free and probably with the same 1 year contract? The more news I keep reading about from D* and E*, the more I am getting frustrated with E* and the more likely I will make the switch once D* adds my locals, and the sad thing is with the SuperDish shortage, my locals might be available to me by D* sooner then by E*, even though E* already has my locals up. :shrug:

Chris Freeland said:
This is sad, I have been a loyal E* sub since 96 but have been thinking recently about switching to D* for a D*Tivo and 2 standard receivers and the TC+ programing package since I have old E* equipment (2000 and 2700/2800) and will need a SuperDish upgrade to receive my E* locals anyway. It is rumored that on 3/1 that D* is going to start matching the E* new customer promotions and include a Free D*Tivo upgrade. D* is also adding my locals once they can get final FCC approval and a satellite at 72.5, so I am thinking why pay $99 to upgrade to the DVR510 with 1 tuner and no Season Pas, when I can get a D*Tivo from D* with 2 tuners and Season Pass, possibly for Free and probably with the same 1 year contract? The more news I keep reading about from D* and E*, the more I am getting frustrated with E* and the more likely I will make the switch once D* adds my locals, and the sad thing is with the SuperDish shortage, my locals might be available to me by D* sooner then by E*, even though E* already has my locals up. :shrug:

LOL think about what you say here.

Why pay $99 bucks to upgrade, when I *might* be able to do the same with D*, and i *might* be able to get locals with them.

LOL. Why upgrade, when I can take a risk and go with a company that wont offer me the same? I just dont get it. "Why keep my car, when I might win the lotto tommarow and can buy all the cars I want". You seem to be contemplating a switch far too soon my friend. If I were you I'd wait till D* delivers on what you are hoping it will.

What the heck happened to Duluth, MN locals??

On November retailer chat, it was mentioned they are going up Dish500 in January
December chat, I dont think it was mentioned
January chat, no mention

dammit...its January 27th and Duluth isnt even uplinked yet....where are my Duluth locals????

sorry for the rant, but Duluth has been mentioned and pulled I dont know how many times now.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Still talking about the Warranty Plan.

Whats wrong with this picture.
That can't be right. The warranty plan is for people who own their equipment, not DHP/DHA people. Right?

bsic said:
LOL think about what you say here.

Why pay $99 bucks to upgrade, when I *might* be able to do the same with D*, and i *might* be able to get locals with them.

LOL. Why upgrade, when I can take a risk and go with a company that wont offer me the same? I just dont get it. "Why keep my car, when I might win the lotto tommarow and can buy all the cars I want". You seem to be contemplating a switch far too soon my friend. If I were you I'd wait till D* delivers on what you are hoping it will.

If I was ready to make the switch now and if D* already had my locals I would switch now, the deals that D* has now for a D*Tivo are pretty good when you can get a D*Tivo and 2 standard receivers with a phase III dish for $69. I am waiting to see what deals both providers have this Spring and Summer after my locals are up on D* and see if E* has anything special for current customers for the DVR522, if they do I may reconsider, but I see nothing wrong with planning ahead. Also the Free D*Tivo rumor is from some reliable sources posted on these forums and will likely happen. Besides, when I win the lotto I will get either a D*HDTivo or 921
and with all the channels and 3 Plasma TV's and a new house to put them in :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts