LIVE 1/27 Retailer Chat Coverage

bsic said:
LOL think about what you say here.

Why pay $99 bucks to upgrade, when I *might* be able to do the same with D*, and i *might* be able to get locals with them.

LOL. Why upgrade, when I can take a risk and go with a company that wont offer me the same? I just dont get it. "Why keep my car, when I might win the lotto tommarow and can buy all the cars I want". You seem to be contemplating a switch far too soon my friend. If I were you I'd wait till D* delivers on what you are hoping it will.

If your car is a Yugo, you may just go aheard take the chance. You could end up walking, but it beats pushing that car around. :D
--
Rick

Scott Greczkowski said:
Trevor City on Feb 5th (SuperDISH 121)
Traverse City (Due Jan 22nd on 61.5 but left on 121 after TP28 failed)

DHA: A local Dish dealer has a sign out today saying "Locals included" ... Locals are not yet available in this market. Uplinked since September but no date announced.

OK, the DHA plan is supposed to be E*'s response to cable.
DHA: Forces users to subscribe to locals, whether or not they are available.
(A rate increase from AT50 $24.95 to AT60 for $29.95 -- and no locals available?)
DHA: Forces customers to provide a credit card or pay a $200 deposit.
DHA: Forces customers to pay $5.99 for "insurance" to protect E*'s equipment (or risk paying for any problems)
DHA: No commitment for the customer ... 100% commitment from the installer.
Yeah, that sounds EXACTLY like cable. :shocked
Guess the only thing E* knows about cable isn't worth knowing.

DHA: The words "cancel anytime" will be on E*'s tombstone.

JL

I read in one of the forums where they even stated on the last chat to where Dish was not going to be responsible for replacing any of the hardware if something went wrong with it but would have to pay $5.99 for the extra warranty coverage. Doesn't that defeat the purpose for such a plan? I do not know if that is the truth or not that is just what I had read.

Still no word on if the 522 will ever be made available to existing subscribers????

Chris Freeland said:
. . . so I am thinking why pay $99 to upgrade to the DVR510 . . . :shrug:

Does the 510 upgrade still require trading out a receiver?

Yes and no. Yes, they will require you to send the old receiver in as an exchange, or pay $50.00. No, if you add the 510 as an additional receiver. If you do that, I am told there is no mimimum time that both receivers have to be activated.

I'm giving it a month or so, however, before I test that. :)

For the 510 upgrade, you only have to turn in your old receiver if you deactivate it. I believe you might also be able to pay $50 and keep the deactivated box.

Could always use it in a spare room for a couple of months (and if needed, Dish will have to supply you with a new mullti-switch)

I'm with Iceberg, I want my Duluth, mn locals!

NBC will not give me a waiver, and i live 80 miles away
and have had snowy NBC for the last year. What I don't
get is Directv let me have NBC from NY, why does NBC not
let Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)