LIVE Charlie Chat Recap!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow someone just asked about Voom and charlie actually said they are looking to buy the product from Voom!!!

i.e. put it up at the castle, or actually buy voom? :)

You mean offer the Voom HD package to Dish customers who point to 65.5?

Is there system even compatible with Dish?

How much extra would it be $20 more a Month? $30?

Are they just not making the equipment (factory fire or something), or is the equipment all going to stock up the "Ma Bells partners" for there big promo?

Thats it from this retailer chat.

I found Charlie comment on VOOM very interesting. Other then that, it was a non event. :)

Is it over?
Seems WAY premature to get to rev'ed up about Voom.

If Dish wanted to they could use the wings to add more HD - I'm not sure why they need Voom (but they just finished moving HD off the Wings).

Nice to hear about the TV DVI port. I might (eventually) consider it as a path to a 2nd 921.

Sean Mota said:
What does that mean the 21 HD channels or VOOM itself?

With out the context it's hard to say, but E* has made comments about wanting to team up with other DBS providers for some consolidated HD feeds. Then again, voom looks to have a pretty killer multi-room HD setup comming out.

Wdam33 said:
Well it wasn't that boring as Charlie called Jim confused and delusional.....thats funny.
Charlie did not call Jim Confused and delusional. Jim told one of the dealers (who blasted Charlie and Jim good) he was confused.

Jim did get upset though, that was the first time I have seen him rasing his voice and going off course.

I will also try to put up Charlies Exact VOOM comments later.

Dish could agree to mirror VOOM HD channels on 148 in exchange for letting E* customers sub to VOOM programming on E* equipement. Of course I expect some sub fee to occur.

Of course there would be a fee. But at the same time if he did buy vooms programming, it really makes VOOM just a program provider and no a DBS company.

I was very shocked that Charlie made the comment.

This VOOM programming stuff does not sound right. What's Charlie doing? Could it mean a partnership more than just buying programming? I can see Dolan trying to negotiate with Charlie in getting more TP from 61.5 in exchange of some programming. Just speculation...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Charlie did not call Jim Confused and delusional. Jim told one of the dealers (who blasted Charlie and Jim good) he was confused.

Jim did get upset though, that was the first time I have seen him rasing his voice and going off course.

I will also try to put up Charlies Exact VOOM comments later.

Oh, my bad....I thought it was the other way around...

Sean Mota said:
This VOOM programming stuff does not sound right. What's Charlie doing? Could it mean a partnership more than just buying programming? I can see Dolan trying to negotiate with Charlie in getting more TP from 61.5 in exchange of some programming. Just speculation...

It does actually make sense. Dish could ADD 21 HD channels right away without finding capacity since they are already there on 61.5. They may want to charge an install fee for anyone that does not have a 61.5 dish.

Then, they can truly be up there with VooM with regards to number of HD channels & really piss off DirecTV, especially if they get exclusive use of these channels. It helps Voom add revenue.

Unfortunately, those of us in Washington State are pretty much unable to use the 61.5 satellite. Our look angle is about ten degrees, which isn't enough to see over all the pine trees. :)

If they put the VOOM programming on 148 as well, that will rock.

Why on earth would v* allow this? Why would anyone sign up with v* if they could get all of v*'s HD exclusives from Charlie? Only way I could see this happening would be if v* decided to call it quits insofar as being anything but a program provider or if they charged E* customers a substantial premium over what they charge their own customers. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)