This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Live DISH Press Event Coverage

As others are saying you are comparing a method designed to be used over the internet with who knows what bandwidth is available.
As to the Hopper itself not being 4K I have no idea what it would take over making the the Joey 4K, but at this time most/many homes don't even have an HD set in every room let alone any 4K sets at all. It seems easy enough to put a 4K joey with the probable at some point one 4K set for now in the house, and the hopper elsewhere. DISH taking this leap is to me a sign the industry is definitely going all 4K at some point unlike some other technologies that have gone by the wayside or are about to.

The one stream limitation is likely to put a stop to account sharing.

Yeah, for sure, since it can be used anywhere, you can't confine it to a household. I think the price is still low enough that if you needed 2 streams its not very expensive. Also you could just add and remove streams from month to month. I am not sure but I assume Amazon, Netlfix, Hulu Plus also have limitations on streams per account.

On the contrarty, most homes I see DO have HD sets in every room. That being said, I really don't consider a 32 or smaller to count as HD anyway. Just not a big enough difference in the picture.

I see no reason why sat couldn't carry 4KTV if they shift to HEVC .H.265 standard over the H. 264. IPTV will be able to do it faster. And we are running as fast as we can right now.

No, Scott is saying that the HEVC standard will be the one that prevails, I think.

Interesting how it is able to arbitrarily set the patch size depending on the image it is encoding. A real smart change of pace.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Sorry, I just find the encoding method intriguing. That it can go frame by frame, and figure out what portions need a higher density of data. And it does this via merely the data. A VBR for video. I just find it fascinating.