Live Event (X Games) not in HD on LHN

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay so I PM'd a DIRT member last week notifying them that the X Games was being shown live on LHN today so they should air the HD feed during the time it will be on. He said he would forward my request to the respective department.

Fast forward today and no HD feed. I seriously think I've only seen a total of 5 live events in HD from LHN. Is there a reason Dish isn't showing most LHN live events in HD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only recall a football game and a couple of basketball games live on LHN in HD. There were many events that were live on LHN that I thought would have been live, but I don't recall anything being in HD this spring. Specifically a couple of baseball games. So just over a year and only 5 events in HD - maybe the contract Dish has a specific limited in what events are shown in HD. But 5 is really bad considering how many games are live.

Since it is a relatively small impact network (total viewership), there just may be only a limited number of HD capable video trucks...or truck. I would imagine ESPN would be using the "B" resources.

Since it is a relatively small impact network (total viewership), there just may be only a limited number of HD capable video trucks...or truck. I would imagine ESPN would be using the "B" resources.
Austin has a full ESPN setup due to LHN. It's either Dish isn't aware of the live events or they just don't care. And FWIW there weren't many if any other sports on at the time so it wasn't a bandwidth issue.

Well, Dish treats the Pac12 Network and SEC Network as a different thing as the cover all schools in their respected conferences unlike LHN which focuses on the Texas Longhorns, LHN is pretty much one of the reasons why Mizzou, Colorado, Nebraska and Texas A&M left the Big XII.

I think the issue isn't the 24/7 HD RSN, but the fact that there have been so many live events on LHN not shown in HD. If it is being treated like an RSN, then the live games should be shown in HD. And there have been multiple times that live games have been on when there have been very light baseball days so there was bandwidth available.

I think the issue isn't the 24/7 HD RSN, but the fact that there have been so many live events on LHN not shown in HD. If it is being treated like an RSN, then the live games should be shown in HD. And there have been multiple times that live games have been on when there have been very light baseball days so there was bandwidth available.
Yup. So either show the HD feed for live events or make it 24/7 so you don't have to bother with it. The constant where's Waldo of HD LHN events has to be frustrating, I only watch the channel once a year (XGames) and I had to watch it in sh!tty letterboxed SD. Imagine what longhorn fans are thinking.