Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
Rush-HD: Saturday, January 28, at 4 PM EST

_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid vs.
_dep_la_coruna_.gif
Deportivo
A new episode of La Liga Report starts 30 minutes before the game.
Join our game-time discussion in this thread!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Well wasn't that fun!

The Expert's Take:

I doubt anyone really expected to see a 5-0 from the Getafe - Espanyol game - I for one had dark fears of another 0-0 between 2 mid-table teams, but as Sid and I commented on the short, yet terrifying drive back into Madrid (think Rollerball played with cars) quite often the most entertaining games we've seen have been the most unexpected. I remember an Auxerre - Amica Wronci (or whatever they were called) in the UEFA Cup last season that was fantastic fun....

Elsewhere, Madrid kept things going - although they needed 2 free kicks to help turn things over against Cadiz, but Barca didn't miss Eto'o as they beat Alaves 2-0 to remain 13 points clear.

Valencia confirmed they are the main challengers as they beat Betis 2-0. And I have to say 'hurrah' to that after the disgraceful behavior of the Betis fans towards R Madrid's black players in the Cup last week.

Elsewhere the Basque derby was a classic with a 3-3 draw and Athletic, (who deserved to win - although I am biased) sneaking an equalizing goal in the 92nd minute.

...And so on to Atletico Madrid - Deportivo La Coruña. Atletico have been the butt of our jokes of late - and deservedly so, habitual underachievers, i am sick and tired of saying "Maybe this time they'll get it right...." Anyhow, Bianchi has gone, they have brought in the 'B' team coach and on Saturday they actually won a game - their first in 10.

Is it the turning point? Can their players play as their undoubted ability hints they should? Is Torres as good as they say? Will Petrov find 2nd gear again this season?????? And what about Ibagaza!!!!!!

And can Deportivo fulfill the promise that only a month ago hinted they too could be title outsiders??? Next Saturday all will be revealed and we will be there.

Cheers, PAUL

The last episode of La Liga Report on Rush-HD...

La Liga Report pre-game show starts in half an hour: at 3:30pm Eastern.
Most likely this will be the last episode shown on Rush-HD.
Begining next week all future issues of La Liga Report, as well as all taped matches are expected to move to the WorldSport-HD channel. Only live games will remain or Rush.

I like La Liga Report very much. I think it's very informative and entertaining. Very professionally done! Probably the best pre-game show I've ever seen. I like being able to see every single goal of the past week, all the latest news and in-depth interviewes of popular players. And of course those guided tours around the cities where the games are played, look so great in HD! :up

I will miss it a lot (for the next couple of months until I upgrade to vip622 box).

Ilya.

La Liga Report is on!
The game starts shortly.

Looks like an old episode, not a new one. I think I saw this one last week... :(

The game is on!
No Sid today? Hope he is fine.

"Begining next week all future issues of La Liga Report, as well as all taped matches are expected to move to the WorldSport-HD channel. Only live games will remain or Rush."

At least we get to watch the live games but I agree La Liga Report is a very good pre-game show.

A lot of action in the first few minutes!

Welcome back, davekendra! Enjoy the game!

davekendra said:
Any chance we are going to get the full resolution back??
Not any time soon (if the rumors about the problems with the fiber are true). For now, VOOM stays HD-Lite... :(

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!!

You will catch up in the break! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)