LIVE FUTBOL: Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid: Sunday, 2/6 @ 3 PM EST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
timfouts said:
This is any referees nightmare. All the play acting

Tim:

There's a question for you. Play acting wasn't part of the game when I played in college but admittedly that was a few years ago. Has this changed here in the US? Do you see diving and the like as is found in international leagues?

Maxi Lopez is in, this should be fun.

subdude212 said:
Tim:

There's a question for you. Play acting wasn't part of the game when I played in college but admittedly that was a few years ago. Has this changed here in the US? Do you see diving and the like as is found in international leagues?

Maxi Lopez is in, this should be fun.

It's called "simulation" and started as our culture has changed over the years. With FIFA directive 2 years ago to referees to stamp it out it has declined some. There's a fine line for referees regarding injuries and injurous simulation but the more cynical acting of clicking your own heels as Guti did last week and the referee gave a free kick with the closest player 2 feet away. The referee was too far away from play to see-a referee positioning problem.

Gooooaaaal!
2:0 Atl. Madrid

FYI: The next live game on WorldSportHD will be on Saturday 2/12 @ 2 PM EST: Zaragoza vs. Barcelona
I have just updated the schedule.

Mejuto just blew it. That was not a penalty, BUT if it is Valdes has to be sent off not caution. If it's a foul he denied a goal scoring opportunity-RED card not yellow. Oh well the correct team won but in the last minute the referee was generous-actually Ronaldinho's miss was neither a penalty. He does have courage!

Valdes has a right to be incensed, he played the breakaway perfectly.

Well, I guessed half of the score correctly. Atletico certainly took the smile off of Ronaldinho's face.

Matt is probably busy wrapping up the live broadcast...
Matt, glad to see you back on our board! It's been awhile! ;)
Thanks everyone for stopping by. See you next week, as always!

From Paul

Who would have thought it eh? Well to be honest I did - taking the weekly sweepstakes for the 2nd time since the New Year by predicting a 0-2!!!

I was probably the only person in the ground happy withe the last minute penalty decision....Sid was furious, next to me, He had put down 0-1 and stood to win the lot until Mejuto pulled that one out of the bag...

It was interesting to see Tim (the referee's comments9 on the game. It was a nightmare to referee as neither side helped Mejuto at all (I also think he is one of the best refs in Spain). He got the Eto'o pen wrong, but i still think it is almost impossible to call at full speed (in fact Sid and I both got it wrong in the game)

if you want to see bad refereeing, the clown who did the Deportivo - Athletic game yesterday took the biscuit....needless to say Athletic came off worse...

Anyhow, just to clear something up, I don't think we will be doing the Tsunani charity game Sid mentioned, but we will be doing UEFA - Valencia - Steaua Bucharest....Have to put my money on Valencia for that one. I have seen Steaua in the group stage (lost to Athletic 1-0, but it could have been 3 or 4)...

At the moment back in a rainy Madrid stricken with flu and traumatised by horrendous flight back from Barcelona through 400 miles of cloud!!

the sacrifices we make to bring you live football...
cheers PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)