This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE FUTBOL: Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid: Sunday, 2/6 @ 3 PM EST

timfouts said:
This is any referees nightmare. All the play acting

Tim:

There's a question for you. Play acting wasn't part of the game when I played in college but admittedly that was a few years ago. Has this changed here in the US? Do you see diving and the like as is found in international leagues?

Maxi Lopez is in, this should be fun.

It's called "simulation" and started as our culture has changed over the years. With FIFA directive 2 years ago to referees to stamp it out it has declined some. There's a fine line for referees regarding injuries and injurous simulation but the more cynical acting of clicking your own heels as Guti did last week and the referee gave a free kick with the closest player 2 feet away. The referee was too far away from play to see-a referee positioning problem.

Gooooaaaal!
2:0 Atl. Madrid

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

FYI: The next live game on WorldSportHD will be on Saturday 2/12 @ 2 PM EST: Zaragoza vs. Barcelona
I have just updated the schedule.

Mejuto just blew it. That was not a penalty, BUT if it is Valdes has to be sent off not caution. If it's a foul he denied a goal scoring opportunity-RED card not yellow. Oh well the correct team won but in the last minute the referee was generous-actually Ronaldinho's miss was neither a penalty. He does have courage!

Valdes has a right to be incensed, he played the breakaway perfectly.

Well, I guessed half of the score correctly. Atletico certainly took the smile off of Ronaldinho's face.

Matt:

Where can we get a WorldSport t-shirt? A Voom shirt would be nice, too. Is there an online store?

Matt is probably busy wrapping up the live broadcast...
Matt, glad to see you back on our board! It's been awhile!
Thanks everyone for stopping by. See you next week, as always!

From Paul