Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
Rush-HD: Sunday, January 15, at 3 PM EST

_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid vs.
_sevilla_fc_.gif
Sevilla
A new episode of La Liga Report starts 30 minutes before the game.
Please join our game-time discussion here in this thread!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

From Paul:

Well, lets be honest, Atletico Madrid - Valencia wasn't quite the start to 2006 that we were all hoping for.

What it did do perhaps is illustrate Atletico's failings and show why Valencia need more self belief if they are to become serious title contenders... you got the impression that had they played for 15 minutes, they would have taken all 3 points. As it was, they could end the season regretting their lack of ambition.

Elsewhere it was another great week for Barca, who took another 3 points with a hard-fought win over local rivals Espanyol, while all of their rivals dropped points.

Osasuna's home run was finally cut short by a 1-1 draw against Racing, we know about Valencia, while Real Madrid could only draw 0-0 in Villarreal - with ANOTHER injury for Ronaldo.

Sevilla meanwhile beat Malaga, who have been their jinx team in recent seasons, 3-1 and are only one point behind Real Madrid.

That sets up their visit to the Bernabeu nicely and we will be there with our HD cameras to see Baptista and Sergio Ramnos face their former club.

Keep an eye on Sevilla forward Freddy Kanoute, who looks as he will be head to head with Jonathan Woodgate, fit again in the Madrid defense.

It's a must win game for Madrid, who are 13 points behind Barca (worse than last year), while Sevilla wants to get back into European positions, so sit down, tune in and enjoy the show.

Cheers PAUL

They will be on Rush until then.

Real Madrid is just one point ahead of Sevilla. Should be an even match today.
Here are the latest standings:
1 Barcelona (18 played) 43
2 Osasuna (19) 39
3 Valencia (19) 36
4 Deportivo (18) 32
5 Villarreal (18) 31
6 Real Madrid (18) 30
7 Sevilla (18) 29
8 Celta (18) 29
9 Zaragoza (18) 24
10 Getafe (18) 24
11 Real Sociedad (18) 21
12 Atlético (19) 20
13 Racing (18) 20
14 Betis (19) 19
15 Espanyol (18) 18
16 Málaga (18) 17
17 Cádiz (18) 17
18 Mallorca (18) 17
19 Athletic (18) 15
20 Alavés (18) 12​

Watching it right now... Hoping for real to get win. Paul and Sid think that Real should kind of forget about la liga championship and concentrate on the "copa del rey". Hard to catch Barcelona at this point.

Goooaaaal!
Just got home to catch this one!

I am still debating about the upgrade Feb/April. If I upgrade Feb, I will have to pay $$ upfront and will be able to stay with my HD only current package and pick up the new ones. I I decide to wait until April, I will save some money but won't be able to have the HD only package. Decision decisions???

Sean Mota said:
So there will be two more games before February 1 on Rush HD?
And after that for most of us there will be no more La Liga games in HD until Dish Network is ready to upgrade us to new receivers, most likely in April... :(

Sean Mota said:
If I upgrade Feb, I will have to pay $$ upfront and will be able to stay with my HD only current package and pick up the new ones.
Why do you think you will be able to keep HD-only pack with the new plan?
HD-only pack was only offered to those who own their equipment. So far VIP622 was only announced for lease, as I understand. Are you really going to purchase it at full price? Will it be even possible? Or are you thinking about purchasing a 211 at full price?

A lot of shots on goal in the last few minutes of the first half! Good game so far!

Gooooooaaaaal! 2:1 Madrid is in the lead again!

Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!
That was quick!

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal! 4:2