LIVE FUTBOL this Thursday: Atletico Madrid vs. Cadiz 10/27 @ 2pm ET

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
Rush-HD: Thursday, October 27, at 2 PM EDT

_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid vs.
_cadiz_.gif
Cadiz

Join our DVR simulcast at 6pm ET!

Since most of us will be at work at the time of the game, let's delay the game discussion by 4 hours (as proposed by riffjim4069)!

Here is what you need to do:
1. Set your DVR for 2pm ET Thursday
2. Start the game playback precisely at 6pm.
3. Come to this thread to participate in our game discussion!
:D
For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD

Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

An update from Paul:

Hey there, just a quick note to explain why this game is on Thusday 27th and not November 9th(as originally scheduled)

Basically when they drew up the fixture list for the season, the Spanish Football League never considered the possibility that the Spain national team may have to play a 'play-off' to reach the World Cup finals.

As Spain were 2nd in their group at the end of May with only one team going through, that may seem a bit remiss to some people - it certainly does to Sid and me.

Anyhow, Spain did finish second in their group and now have to play Slovakia to qualify for Germany 2006: their play off games are on Nov 12 and 16, which means that as the Spain coach obviosly wants a week to get his team prepared, the games planned for Nov 9 are now this week.

England and France considered this possibility when drawing up plans for the season - Spain did not, I will say nothing (officially) and let you draw your own conclusiions........however the phrase "lack of foreward planning" does come to mind...

Nevermind, it does mean that we have to wait less for Atletico - Cadiz (and everyone in Spain likes Cadiz) they are great fans and it is a shame we are not going to go there this season.

Finally a piece of news, which i find amazing: Daivd Beckham's sending off against Valencia has been revoked and now he CAN play on Wednesday in La Coruña....I thought his dissent (twice) was very clear, but it seems if you complain enough you get away with it....I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

It is going to be a busy couple of weeks because next Sunday we are in BArcelona and on Thursday (Nov 3) remember we have UEFA CUp action - Lens v Hamlstadt (the Swedes who knocked out Lisbon) - i can't tell you the hangover we got after that game - however take it from me -Lisbon= party city (more than Lens i suspect)....

CHeers PAUL

Guys, don't forget to set your DVRs for 2pm tomorrow.

The game is not in the guide, so, don't rely on DISH Pass/name-based recording: it won't work!

You need to set the DVR manually.

As of this morning my on-screen guide started showing today's game!
It wasn't there last night. Glad to see last minute correction!
It seems to me the guide has become more accurate with transition to E*, even in spite all La Liga uncertainty...

roachxp said:
HDsports also added the UefaCup game for Nov 3rd.
Hey, will you be able to join us tonight for the DVR simulcast?

I have also invited Paul to join us too, but he will probably be either in a bar or in bed by that time. :)

By the way, here is another update from him:

Madrid were awful last night - lost 3-1 to Deportivo while Barca got (another) bad penalty decision going their way and beat Malaga 2-0. They are now one point better off that Madrid!!!

Ok, I am watching already. Anyone else?

Well, I just finished watching. Surprised no one joined me today...
I am not going to spoil it for you, in case you are watching later,
but that goal wasn't the only one! ;)

Hi Ilya, sorry to miss the simulcast but did see the game. Although Los Rojiblancos seemed to control the match, they can't seem to get Petrov, Kezman, and Torres at the top of their games all at the same time. Two of three is strong enough to beat a Cadiz, but not enough to carry them up the table. Looks like another mid-table finish.

Atletico fans, how do you feel about El Niño? An exciting young player, but he seems so inconsistent...

Interesting match coming on Sunday, Barca-Sociedad. Sociedad played so poorly at the beginning of the year (gave up 5 goals against bottom-dwelling Mallorca, and 3 to Bilbao, who stink this year), it's hard to believe they've racked up 16 points somehow. I suspect Barca will mop up Sociedad, like they did with Osasuna last week. (Osasuna is one team near the top of the table who I think will fall like a stone in weeks to come. Getafe, though, may end up with a European finish. Think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)