Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
In a nice surprise, of the NBC Universal Networks are now available to watch LIVE via DISHANYWHERE.COM!

NBC Sports Network can be viewed at: http://www.dishanywhere.com/networks/nbc_sports_40
The Golf Channel can be viewed at: http://www.dishanywhere.com/networks/golf_channel_256
CNBC can be viewed at http://www.dishanywhere.com/networks/cnbc_99
MSNBC can be viewed at http://www.dishanywhere.com/networks/msnbc_33

DISH sent out an email tonight about these channels being on DISHANYWHERE.COM, however I cant find links to these channels on the DISHANYWHERE site so that is why I posted the URLS above.

Nice to see DISH and NBC working together. :D :D :D

No extra charge for subscribers who have programming packages that include the channels carried?

Might be useful for the very rare occasions when I'm out of town overnight. MSNBC is my favorite news channel, and you can't always count on it being carried where ever one is staying (It usually is, but not always).

Would not have expected that, though NBC needs more eyes watching their channels.

Temptation is too great. Yes, it is.

MSNBC is a comedy channel right?

You're thinking of FOX News, which seems to waffle between unintentional comedy and being so offensive and misleading that my blood pressure shoots through the roof within five minutes of turning it on. I seriously had to stop even flipping to FNC for even a couple minutes while channel surfing several years ago, in part because I actually do have high blood pressure and didn't want to get that upset and risk my health, and in part because I didn't think yelling at the TV was a fun non-crazy use of my time. ;)

One pet peeve I have with Dish is that the conservative news channel comes in basic packages like AT120 and AT120+, but you need AT200 or higher for the liberal news channel. It seems like these channels should have package parity. It'd also let me drop to 120+ for part of the year and save some money, which would be an incentive for me to stick around as a customer longer.

A nice job by Dish.
MSNBC is a comedy channel right?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
You are thinking of CNN. Comedy News Network... with host Nancy Grace. Egad! Speak about a network that lost the mission!

You're thinking of FOX News, which seems to waffle between unintentional comedy and being so offensive and misleading that my blood pressure shoots through the roof within five minutes of turning it on. I seriously had to stop even flipping to FNC for even a couple minutes while channel surfing several years ago, in part because I actually do have high blood pressure and didn't want to get that upset and risk my health, and in part because I didn't think yelling at the TV was a fun non-crazy use of my time. ;)

One pet peeve I have with Dish is that the conservative news channel comes in basic packages like AT120 and AT120+, but you need AT200 or higher for the liberal news channel. It seems like these channels should have package parity. It'd also let me drop to 120+ for part of the year and save some money, which would be an incentive for me to stick around as a customer longer.

I agree with your reason for not watching FOX news and even more with your idea that MSNBC should be in the low pack like top 120. I would love it to be able to downgrade and still get that channel without having to go down to just the Welcome pack. That is the only other pack that has it now ,other than top 200 ,but it is in SD only in the Welcome pack.

Ratings. Fox News dwarfs MSNBC in the ratings, giving Fox more power to have thier channel in the lower tier than NBC has for theirs. No different than how ESPN is in a lower tier while Verses wasn't.

I just tried the link that Scott posted for MSNBC. After I selected the watch live button I got a message that said: "Upgrade your DISH subscription to watch!". I already subscribe to the top 250. What does Dish want me to upgrade to?

Edit: I logged out, then signed in again, and now it is working!

Last edited:
No extra charge for subscribers who have programming packages that include the channels carried?

Might be useful for the very rare occasions when I'm out of town overnight. MSNBC is my favorite news channel, and you can't always count on it being carried where ever one is staying (It usually is, but not always).
I had always heard there were some MSNBC viewers and now I have proof. Congrats.

Anyway, glad that dish is opening up some additional viewing options. A welcome development.

I honestly think there is no good US source for news. It's too much commentary and not enough reporting.

I miss Euronews.

But yes I am happy to see DISH working with NBC to make these channels available online! (And the PQ is really good. and on the Golf Channel there is no commercials!)

I honestly think there is no good US source for news. It's too much commentary and not enough reporting.
Not on cable at least.

But yes I am happy to see DISH working with NBC to make these channels available online! (And the PQ is really good. and on the Golf Channel there is no commercials!)
I think the NBC Sports deal is a coup, as well as the Golf Channel (though I don't watch Golf). How many sporting events can you watch live, remotely, without subscribing to an additional service?

Ratings. Fox News dwarfs MSNBC in the ratings, giving Fox more power to have thier channel in the lower tier than NBC has for theirs. No different than how ESPN is in a lower tier while Verses wasn't.

MSNBC is starting to beat CNN in the ratings, especially in key advertising demos. So, if your logic holds true, MSNBC should replace CNN in AT120 and AT120+ soon, right? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts