Live news feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Interesting note, as I am watching the news feeds for the Hurricane, I find it interesting that the same reporter, just changes the little microphone shield, and starts on the new broadcast like they have worked for that station all their lives. Interesting..

Rick

yep

the national newscasts do that and also if the stations are owned by the same company.

Ive seen newscasts here in Minneapolis where they have the "FOX9" logo and then do the same thing with "UPN29"

Love the news feeds-I am learning alot about the way news is gathered and reported. For instance, there was a report (from Denver affiliate) about a kid being mildly mauled by a black bear. He had some scrapes and a mark on his face. But at some point they showed the raw footage (everything) and it seems the kid never really saw the attacker but assumed it was a black bear. I didn't see the final edited version so I can't say how they presented it in the end, but I found that enlightening.

You find our more truth in the news by watching the Wild News Feeds then you do from the reporter who only has 20 seconds to tell you what happened.

I managed to record some funny (to me) footage of the reporter yelling at the crew. He was being all pissy and then it's like someone flips a personality switch and he does his news cast.

Update:

The kid was on "The Early Show" and they asked him something like, "What did you do when you saw this bear attacking you". To his credit, the kid said, "I never did really SEE the bear". So the truth won out in spite of the tendency of the reporters to "hype" the story at the expense of the facts (IMO).

yep
Had one the other day where the guy was doing about ½ dozen reports in Spanish. He would do the whole thing in Spanish but when he screwed up, he would cuss in English :D

Iceberg said:
yep
Had one the other day where the guy was doing about ½ dozen reports in Spanish. He would do the whole thing in Spanish but when he screwed up, he would cuss in English :D

Truly funny, I have enjoyed having the FTA setup more so in the last few events that have happened, as I have seen some interesting feeds.. Pretty cool.

Shawn95GT said:
I managed to record some funny (to me) footage of the reporter yelling at the crew. He was being all pissy and then it's like someone flips a personality switch and he does his news cast.

No kidding!

I saw one once where an impatient news reporter was standing under a tarp in the rain waiting for the broadcast. She went over some lines, talked to the camera crew, and started getting bored. She complained about the weather, asked how her dress looked onscreen, fiddled with her hair, and grumbled in general about them STILL be on commercial. Finally, when she went on, she turned dead serious and talked about how 3 children where kidnapped on the road right behind her, haven't been found yet... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)