Live Retailer Chat Recap - January 26, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nope only what was mentioned at the top (And it was exactly what I said they would say yesterday) :D (Man I am good sometimes!)

I hope cablevision keeps the programming and adds it to their cable line up because that is what I am switching to next month and dropping Dish :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 6 Months free HD package will soon be available to existing customers the catch there is you can not be an existing or past HD customer to get the deal.

I sent an email to Dish asking about this. Can I get the free offer. No response.
I signed up for the HD pack at the end of Nov. 2004. Asked about the 6 months free. Was told only offered to new customers. Now less than 2 months later it's offered it existings subs.

Opps.. I am sorry :(

Next Customer Tech Forum / Chat - Monday, February 14, 2005 9 PM ET, channel 101

Next Dish Latino Retailer Chat - Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12 Noon ET (rescheduled to February 22nd from February 1... hehe - Amed said: "I appologize for rescheduling it, but it will take me 3 more weeks to learn some more Spanish")

Next Retailer Chat - Thursday, February 17, 2005 12 Noon ET

I've been toying around a lot lately with the idea of finally upgrading to an HD television. If they do offer the HD pak free 6 months to existing subscribers that would push me even more. I forget the details on their current deal for new customers... 1 year committment, right? So, in other words, half price for 12 months? Whatever it is, it sounds like it will be the same terms for this coming deal for existing non-prior-HD customers.

Darkman said:
Next Customer Tech Forum / Chat - Monday, February 14, 2005 9 PM ET, channel 101
Now there's a romantic Valentine's day treat from Dish Network. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for posting Darkman, I didn't actually see todays chat instead I listened to it on the phone. (My 2 year old dumped soda in my receiver which is authorized for the retailer channel) :(

Lets hope after it dries out that it works again.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thanks for posting Darkman, I didn't actually see todays chat instead I listened to it on the phone. (My 2 year old dumped soda in my receiver which is authorized for the retailer channel) :(

Might want to clean any goo off of the heat sinks before powering up. obtw I really like the avatar for the Dish Store ha ha. Heard your wife was in the hospital a while ago. I hope she ok take care.

Productive time at work huh?

Scott Greczkowski said:

ByrdWatcher said:
Might want to clean any goo off of the heat sinks before powering up.

Ditto: Get some alcohol (not the rubbing kind), and clean that puppy up before you power it up.

Even water and a hair dryer would be better then leaving the goo in there.

I heard about what to do and not to do in case someone spills something in an electronic device on TechTv pertaining as to why you should use one type of alcohol and not the other.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok the show opens up with Jim and Amir, the start talking about the buyout of the VOOM Satellite Assets.

They have no plans on what they are going to use for the spectrum and they expect it to take a few months before the transfer is approved.
Amazing. That's just what the press releases said.

Happy to have the licenses, an uplink and a bird to play with (I wonder what they will name it?) but no idea what they will put there yet. Which means ...
No Voom

JL

justalurker said:
Happy to have the licenses, an uplink and a bird to play with (I wonder what they will name it?)...
Yeah, if only my bank would have approved my $200,000,000 loan application... :(

We'll just have to wait some more to see TuxCoder-1 in the sky. :D

TuxCoder said:
I've been toying around a lot lately with the idea of finally upgrading to an HD television. If they do offer the HD pak free 6 months to existing subscribers that would push me even more. I forget the details on their current deal for new customers... 1 year committment, right? So, in other words, half price for 12 months? Whatever it is, it sounds like it will be the same terms for this coming deal for existing non-prior-HD customers.

Now there's a romantic Valentine's day treat from Dish Network. :rolleyes: :)

The HD Pak is $10 per month. 6 free monthe = $60. I wouldn't let a $60 promotion influence your decision to make a major purchase like an HD TV.

upNdown said:
I wouldn't let a $60 promotion influence your decision to make a major purchase like an HD TV.
I would let it influence my decision. It's $1 per channel per month (5 channels) for one year (by your response I'm assuming that means yes, there is a 12-month committment). If I was "on the fence" so to speak, about buying a new HDTV (and I'm real close to the fence here), then I would let that offer influence my decision--at least a little bit. I'd be willing to pay $1 per channel per month to double the HD channels I get, which are just OTA at the moment. But I'll still make a decision myself when ready, I'm not saying "if they offer that deal, I will then go out and buy an HDTV".

Well I'm not sure if there is a 12 month committment. When I signed on I was told there was no committment, but I've been told by others on this board that I most likely DO have a 12 month comittment.
So I can't help you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts