Live Retailer Chat Recap - January 26, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BFG said:
There's no commitment with the promo.
Cool. Then it's a $0 promotion that would give me 6 months to try out the HD pak and see if it's anything I'd want to keep. Of course I'm stating the obvious and that's how many promotions run, simple "try before you buy", and look for the floating asterisks and fine print. :) I'll ramble a bit longer and say yes, Dish, that would be a good idea to open that to existing customers. Still they should do something for the existing and past HD subscribers though. But this would be a step in the right direction, against their usual plans of just drawing in all-new customers and leaving loyal long-time high-end customers twisting in the wind.

Yeah. It really sucks that I as a year long paying HD pack subscriber am not getting any kind of credit for thanks :(

BFG said:
Yeah. It really sucks that I as a year long paying HD pack subscriber am not getting any kind of credit for thanks :(

Well we've all got to remember that promotions like this are intended to attract new customers. If they just gave the promotion to all their existing customers, they'd be losing a lot of money and gaining nothing.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 6 Months free HD package will soon be available to existing customers the catch there is you can not be an existing or past HD customer to get the deal.

Any idea when soon will be now? I called today and couldn't get it. She asked if I had ever had the HD pak, I said no, and then she said it was only for new dish customers! The only deal was if I upgraded to an 811, I could get 1 year half price.

Yes. that's the deal.

- 6 months free for new subscribers
- Half off for current subs (non hd subs) for 1 year

It is for people who do not have or never had the hd pack.

Except for current customers its half off for 12 months where as brand new subs can get it free for 6 months.

So the deal the CSR gave you was correct :)

TananaBanks said:
She said I would only qualify if I upgraded to the 811 and then rudely said that my 6000 was obsolete and wasn't even made anymore.
Too bad you didn't counter with, "Oh, but the lady on your HD Demo channel said the Dish 6000 was State of the Art!" :D

BFG said:

Except for current customers its half off for 12 months where as brand new subs can get it free for 6 months.

Not to be overly picky, but the cost at the end of 12 months will be the same $60 -- it's just a matter of how much per month is collected.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts