Live Retailer Chat Recap - July 12, 2005

I have to go with cable being the best for equipment upgrades/repairs/swaps. Comcast is my local provider, and any box is $5 per month to rent. Doesnt matter if its bottom of the line digital, or a Dual Tuner HD DVR Box - all $5 (DVR has a seperate fee though) But, if any box stops working, they will coem to your house and swap it out with a different one for free within a few days, or you can bring it to a service center and do it whenever you want. No serivice plans, contracts or box upgrade fees to worry about. If theres a new box, give em a call and they come swap it with no questions asked. They are lacking on the HD side though currently, so I'm dish'n it up for now...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Talking about new software and the 942 will have a new default early and late start times. :) (Cool!)

Leslie says the 942 software should go out tommorow
Her exact words were.. something like: 942 (L227) - "is coming next.. even as early as tomorrow.. possibly"

So hopefully .. but NOT 100 % Guaranteed :shocked

I guess we ll see :cool:

They got the "record at most five episodes" feature from us. I know I listed that feature as wanted on my website. I am finally seeing more and more of these features being offered.

Stargazer said:
They got the "record at most five episodes" feature from us. I know I listed that feature as wanted on my website. I am finally seeing more and more of these features being offered.
I thought they got it from Tivo. Tivo has had it for as long as I can remember. Tivo has 5 episodes, 10 epidosed or all. Keep until need more room, keep untila certain date, keep until need more room. A lot more advances than the 942. Plus they have Tivo to go. So when I need to record stuff to watch when I am traveling I record them on my Tivo from the TV2 output. I make sure that Smallville,, Odessy 5 and other serials always record on Tuner 2, so it gets recorded on my Tivo where I can burn it to a DVD or transfer it wirelessly to my laptop or other Tivo's in the house.

The 942 is nice, but I wonder why people think it is so "advanced" it is years behind Tivo, except for the HD recording capability.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The HD pack offer has been extended as well for both new and exisiting customers, 6 months free HD pack.

How does this work for existing customers? I thought they only discounted the HD Package for 6 months vs. making it free.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hello and welcome to our Live Recap of todays Retailer Charlie Chat. We will only cover items of interest to the consumers and will not discuss dealer sensitive issues.

We are only listening today and can not see the chat, so there may be stuff shown on the screen that we dont report.

The show opens with Jim and Amir talking about taxes in North Carolina and New Jersey.

Locals, Fairbanks AK has Launched, Casper Wy has Launched, (Another city launced on 148) 161 cities now up

Great Falls Mt, Juno AK & St Angelo Texas are set to launch soon.

New Frech Channel (Telesue?) coming soon for $14.99 a month.
Some new Asain channels coming soon Zigi Drophi? on 61.5, 149 and 105.
Another Indian Channel, Abu Jabi? There will be a free preview from tommorow until July 20th.
TraceTV is a french channel and is mostly music. $3 a month on 61.5 or 148.

Now going to PPV.

Half Season MLB Package is now available.

what? no more american stations?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Starting August 16th, new promotion.

New Customers get HBO Cinemax and Showtime free for 3 months (25 channels) when any DHA plan.

The customers will also get whatever programming package included free for 1 month.

The customer can also get a 625 for no extra charge.

i'm a new customer, signed up 7-25 will be installed 7-27, i had to pay
$20.00 for the 625 and i only got hbo,and show, for thee mo/ plus i was
charged 50./for install. and i didn't get 1 mo free i did get 3/12.00 off

garn9173 said:
So if I decided to updgrade to a DVR, as an existing customer, I would have to pay the $150.00 and more than likely get a rebuilt or refurbished receiver?

This makes no sense to me what so ever. Name another business that would treat existing customers like this :mad:

hmmmm....can you say "cell phone carriers"......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts