Live Retailer Chat Report! (July 8,2004)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
GaryPen said:
Umm. No. It's brilliant. Cleverly written. Witty. A comment on the socio-political climate of the mid-sixties. Well acted too. Yup. It's right up there with The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, and the more modern and sophisticated (if that's even possible) Three's Company.
Ahhh, that's better. I shoulda known you wuz jus funnin' wit me. Ooh, I'll let you in on a little secret. My favorite astronaut was Major Healey. Who was yours?
I actually thought My Favorite Martian was much, much better than Three's Company.
Darn, now you've got the theme song from Petticoat Junction goin' round in my head! "There's Uncle Joe, he's a movin' kinda slow, in the Junction. Petttiiiicoat Junction!" :yes:smug:D

My HD TiVo guide is very fast.
(Of course my first generation TiVo guides were fast, too.
I have no idea how it is supposed to "take many seconds to draw". Had that been true in my case, I would have taken a hatchet to the little box by now.

If you change your guide option to the Tivo guide its twice as fast loading and retrieving data. Had a 522 and Tivo blows it away!!!!

rad said:
I'd REALLY like to see a Replay with the STB inteagrated into the box.
I couldn't agree with you more. There's no solution out there i'd currently rather have than my two networked ReplayTVs and DVArchive on the PC. In a perfect world Charlie would buy ReplayTV from D&N Holdings and have them make a HD-ReplayTV.

AndyMon said:
Ahhh, that's better. I shoulda known you wuz jus funnin' wit me.

Actually, I wasn't.

Even as a child, I hated those shows. WhyTF didn't that moron on Green Acres just run a phone wire into the house? I was a kid, and I could do it. Actually, why didn't he just move back to the city? It sucked in that town. :confused:

Gilligan's Island. I would have thrown him into the lagoon by the second episode. Plus, they could make a radio out of cocoanuts, but couldn't fix that little hole in the boat? MaryAnn was a major cutie, though. Rowrrrrrrrrr. :eek:

I preferred Bewitched to Jeannie. (And, while we're at it, the Addams Family to The Munsters.) But, they both were pretty dumb in that Darren and JR both should have both utilized their wife's/girlfriend's magic, instead of shunning it. (Major Bellows seemed to be the model for the current "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy, though.) :eek:

"Get Smart"...now, THAT was funny! :haha

You all laugh.. but my father in law will watch nothing but TVland... I spent 4 hours over at his house one holiday watching nothing but Green Acres....

4 hours of Arnold the Pig... *shudder*

And don't get me started on Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and a few weekends ago, a Flip Wilson marathon.

I predict charlie will launch his new satellite then a few weeks later announce that the spotbeam control doesnt work because it was plugged into a firewire port and the motherboard they used on the satellite wont support their firewire ports. A week later it leaks out the same beta test team that tested the 921 tested the satellite. (ie room full of monkeys smoking cigars on rollerskates)

(ha ha ha, it was a joke people)

I lost all faith after the superdish coverage fiasco and then the firewire port slipup. I would expect that kind of thing from the shop down on the corner, but not a huge DBS provider with hundreds of engineers.

I think they are spending all their time trying to swap out everyones old smartcards for the new ones, only to realize in a few months the new one has been hacked (it hasnt yet). That would be classic charlie luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)