Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Good Afternoon and Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

In this thread we will be updating you with the lastest news to you the consumer from the retailer chat.

The chat opens with Jim and Charlie showing us video from the Team Summit.

We will keep updating this thread as there is news of interest. :)

We are in the Chat room come join us.

Dish wants to have 150 local DMA's up by the end of the year. They are now in all 50 states. And they have 127 markets up now

TNT-HD was added at no additional charge.

Lots of 811's are now in stock. No stock of 921's

G4TV comes to Dish Network May 28th "G-Day"

Jan Johnson is now talking about all the new equipment and software we saw at team summit.

Talking about a "Superhome node" which is used with a 322/522 and prevents the 322/522 from backfeeding signal into cable or broadcasting it over your antenna. The price for this part is around $40. (I guess to many people were broadcasting Extassy to their neighbors) :D

Now talking about the DP+44 switch and Dish Pro Plus Technology.

Jan Johnson is still talking.

Now telling dealers how to program the UHF Pro remotes so that the recover button works. :)

No mention of the 942. Jim says those who were at the Chat got to see the new products, if you werent there then you wont see them until they are closer to rollout. :)

Now Jim and Charlie are talking about Sirius Radio, video is now showing from Team Summit about Sirius Satellite Radio

They are now showing the Sirius Boombox and Dish Network SR200 Sirius Satellite Radio. The Radio is the same as a "Brix Streamer" Sirius radio, except the lcd is orange instead of green.

Sirius ran out of Radios at Team Summit, they had over 1100 given away at Team Summit, they only brought 1000 radios.

So far 500 of the 1,000 radios given away at team summit have been activated.

Now showing the new ads that were debued at Team Summit, these are FUNNY ads.

All dealer promotions are extended July 31st.

Talking about all kinds of Dealer Economics noting of interest to the consumer, although soon you might be able to pay your Dish Network bill at your local retailer.

Question asked about when 522's will be available for sale to existing customers.

Charlie said the software is not where they want it to be yet, however when the new Single mode is released then the 522's should be available. He hopes this happens around August 1st.

Customers will be able to get a 322 / 510 or 811 for $49 with a 1 year commitment, however Dish OWNS the equipment. When a customer leaves Dish Network they must give back the equipment, when they return the equipment they get $25 returned.

Well that's it for this chat. Today I did not get to see the chat only got to heard it on the phone. So I am sure there was stuff I missed which they did not say on TV but instead displayed a graphic which I did not see (and I am guessing future locals was one of those things displayed but not mentioned) :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Customers will be able to get a 322 / 510 or 811 for $49 with a 1 year commitment, however Dish OWNS the equipment. When a customer leaves Dish Network they must give back the equipment, when they return the equipment they get $25 returned.

Will the 522 be available on the same plan when it is available to current and returning subs around August 1? If it is and if I am working full time again by then I will likely replace both my old 2000 and 2700/2800 receiver with a new 522 and 322 to serve my 3 TV's and VCR. If I am am working before then I may go ahead and replace my 2000 with a 322 and then get a 522 once available, I am not interested in the single tuner 510. Ideally a 721 and a 522 combo would be nice for my setup.
:)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Question asked about when 522's will be available for sale to existing customers.

Charlie said the software is not where they want it to be yet, however when the new Single mode is released then the 522's should be available. He hopes this happens around August 1st.

This is confusing. Recently it was reported on this forum that the 522 would be available for "lease" to existing customers towards the end of June. Now, at the Retailer Chat they say available for "sale" to existing customers around August 1st.

Which is it ? For sale or lease or both?
Scott, do you what the deal is?

Basically I think Dish Network is trying to make people return the hardware after they are done using it, that you can use it as long as you use the service, but after that you will have to give it back. This helps prevent piracy in that it allows less receivers be out there on the market to be hacked and it saves Dish Network money in that they do not have to remanufacture more new receivers to give them away. It seems as if they are doing this with the new dual tuner receivers and any other new receiver that has come out onto the market lately which has been given away.

AJF said:
This is confusing. Recently it was reported on this forum that the 522 would be available for "lease" to existing customers towards the end of June. Now, at the Retailer Chat they say available for "sale" to existing customers around August 1st.

Which is it ? For sale or lease or both?
Scott, do you what the deal is?
You think its confusing. :)

I am just reporting what they say. And a few things on todays chat was different then what they just said on Saturday. But thats the way Dish Network operates, they never know what the hell they are doing unil they do it, and then in the middle of doing it they change the way it works.

you're being generous, scott-most of the time they don't wait until the "middle" to change things...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts