Live Retailer Chat Report

Thanks Scott, I thought it was just my head that was spinning. :)
I'm just getting tired of waiting. Still waiting for:
921 (almost 3 years now!!!)
DP44
Name based recording.
More HD
Moxi type media "furnace" as I think Charlie called it a couple years back

Scott Greczkowski said:
Customers will be able to get a 322 / 510 or 811 for $49 with a 1 year commitment, however Dish OWNS the equipment. When a customer leaves Dish Network they must give back the equipment, when they return the equipment they get $25 returned.

This is sounding more and more like the cable company... Guess that is where Dish needs to be to get the subs... You pay a deposit on the equipment, you get to use it for free (well the $5/month extra reciever fee), and in the end you send it back for your deposit minus of course a $24 "handling" fee...

It really would solve a lot of problems if they do it correctly, it allows existing customers to get new boxes without paying for them.

That's fine, I don't have a problem with that arrangement. I just wish they would make up their friggin' minds and start releasing the new boxes to the rest of us.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Talking about a "Superhome node" which is used with a 322/522 and prevents the 322/522 from backfeeding signal into cable or broadcasting it over your antenna. The price for this part is around $40. (I guess to many people were broadcasting Extassy to their neighbors) :D
I wonder what it really is - a $15 combiner with a $25 Dish sticker on it? :p

I'm glad I got my 811 under the free dish offer a few months ago. I dont like the idea of having to return hardware and only getting half of the deposit back. I'd rather sell it on ebay when I'm done with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)