Living in NY, what are my options in getting CBC HD without having a dish?

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
I'm a renter and already have a D* dish and my landlord doesn't want any more than that. Do I have ANY options at all to receive CBC IN HD? I can probably search around the internet for live web streams and what have you but the quality on those is usually near SD quality and somewhat unreliable.

I'm a renter and already have a D* dish and my landlord doesn't want any more than that. Do I have ANY options at all to receive CBC IN HD? I can probably search around the internet for live web streams and what have you but the quality on those is usually near SD quality and somewhat unreliable.

Just an idea, but you could connect it to one of those motorized dealies that will swivel it to the right spot when you want bell and then back when you want dish. If you ran it through a splitter then through powered switches, you could use a relay on the power line to cut power to one and leave for the other. Simplest way would be a relay on the power with the normally open side going to one and the normally closed side going to the other. That way only one is ever on at the same time. That way the other receiver thinks you lost reception. Maybe not neccessary, I am a noob, but that is how I would do it.

My idea is to fix up my already existing Starchoice setup which is still at my mothers - the old 21" dish or however big it is I guess would need to be replaced and repointed. Then connect that to a slingbox and stream it to my house here but I question the quality and ruining my mothers internet bandwidth.

My idea is to fix up my already existing Starchoice setup which is still at my mothers - the old 21" dish or however big it is I guess would need to be replaced and repointed. Then connect that to a slingbox and stream it to my house here but I question the quality and ruining my mothers internet bandwidth.

I thought starchoice dish's were not compatible with bell?

Either way you are going to destroy her bandwidth. Internal streaming in HD is no problem even over wireless G. But usually 6mbps is the norm outside the house unless you pay a crapload.

Single dish to get both wont work, they are completely different directions. Also the HD is on 82 which is on Nimiq 4 now and has an awesome (for Bell) sh!tty for us illegals footprint so you need a dedicated dish really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)