LNB down - how to get just OTA channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhc2

Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
atlanta, ga
My 5-LNB dish got fried by some lightening and DTv can't come to repair it until mid next week. In the mean time I'd like to set up and receive the local OTA channels with a OTA antenna I had stored away. However, when I try to set up the OTA it tries to scan for the dish and won't stop scanning so it never finishes the setup and I don't get my local channels. It does find 17 local channels when it scans for them, it just gets stuck when it goes to the next step and looks for the dish.

Any help would be appreciated.

My 5-LNB dish got fried by some lightening and DTv can't come to repair it until mid next week. In the mean time I'd like to set up and receive the local OTA channels with a OTA antenna I had stored away. However, when I try to set up the OTA it tries to scan for the dish and won't stop scanning so it never finishes the setup and I don't get my local channels. It does find 17 local channels when it scans for them, it just gets stuck when it goes to the next step and looks for the dish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Which receiver are you trying to use? IIRC, when the receiver is searching for the dish, hit the exit key. That should bypass the search.

Chip,

I'm trying to use an H20. It's actually trying to receive the program guide (It's been off for a while). Hitting 'Exit' does nothing. Hitting 'the back arrow goes to the previous step...it's an endless loop as it wants to go completely thru the setup before it will give me a program guide.

Bypass the H20. Your Tv needs an ATSC Digital Tuner or an external Digital Tuner. Connect the antenna feed to the out to TV line. Run search on the TV.

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the idea, but it's an older Sony without a digital tuner and I don't want to buy a separate tuner just to use it for about a week.

Joe,

Thanks for the idea, but it's an older Sony without a digital tuner and I don't want to buy a separate tuner just to use it for about a week.

Chip,

I'm trying to use an H20. It's actually trying to receive the program guide (It's been off for a while). Hitting 'Exit' does nothing. Hitting 'the back arrow goes to the previous step...it's an endless loop as it wants to go completely thru the setup before it will give me a program guide.

Hmmm. I am sure I have read that there a way to get around this. Maybe I am thinking of another model. Sorry if I got your hopes up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)