LNB Drift - Channel signal loss

Hadcroft

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Parry Sound Ontario
Hi

I have just installed a new 1000.4 system for the EA. Signals are about 50 for 72 & 61.5 with nothing for 77.
Some of the TP's on those 2 sats are lower, around 35, but green and locked. Not sure why I have nothing for 77
but that's not a problem for me.

My problem is that I get Channel signal loss 004 message when changing some channels. It's normally
cured by channel up down. I've run Menu 6-1-3 and the report shows I have LNB drift detected on 72.
The figures were 0x1c, 0xg2, 72(o -14). From what I understand this means I have rather severe LNB drift (-14)
on the odd transponders on 72.

First thing to get out of the way. Can this be caused by foliage as I'm aimed toward a larger tree? The signals
seem OK and the picture is good. The receiver is a 722 and it has been working fine the last 6 months connected to
a WA dish. The EA dish is brand new from ebay. Could the LNB be bad out of the box and would this be the most likely
cause of the drift. I'm assuming that the channel loss and LNB drift are connected.

Any suggestion are appreciated

Steve Hadcroft

By all means call 1-800-333-3474 and setup a service call with DISH, they will be in Ontario in few years.

Just to clarify, I have a place in Savannah and have Dish there. The new setup is at our home
in Canada.

We should be so lucky as to have Dish serve Ontario!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)