LNB Drift Detected

Karri

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
I was having trouble with an on demand title on one of my receivers so I checked the system info and it said LNB Drift Detected. Checked a second receiver and it gives the same error. Says LNB Drift Detected... 0x0d, 0xa1, 129(e -5) Doesn't that mean one of my LNBs is failing? What should I do from here? I tried the tech chat on Dish's site and am now banging my head against a wall with the form "unplug and wait and replug in your receiver" answers.

Thanks!

Please PM your account number and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can schedule a technician for you. Please let me know. Thanks.

I was having trouble with an on demand title on one of my receivers so I checked the system info and it said LNB Drift Detected. Checked a second receiver and it gives the same error. Says LNB Drift Detected... 0x0d, 0xa1, 129(e -5) Doesn't that mean one of my LNBs is failing? What should I do from here? I tried the tech chat on Dish's site and am now banging my head against a wall with the form "unplug and wait and replug in your receiver" answers.

Thanks!

That is too little drift to worry about. Until it gets to over + or - 10 it will not cause you problems. You have a different issue, most likely a net one. On Demand comes to your unit via your net connection not down from the sat. It is a The PPV 502 thru 559 comes down via sat. 01 and 501 VOD are all dnld via your net connection not off sat.

Something was up because once the technician got here and started checking things it lost the 129 satellite and he couldn't get it back. He figured a switch must have been dying but he wasn't too skilled in old school dish equipment to be sure. Had no explanation why that one on demand program kicked out errors but I could download it a second time and see 2 copies of it in the list and the second copy was fine.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)