LNB "drifting"?

drummerguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
This is strange. I did a system info on my 522, and the four sat signals (110, 119, 121, and 61.5) all showed green, but instead of saying "Good," it said something like "LNB drifting." A few minutes later, I did the same thing on my 622, and it said everything was "Good" -- no drifting. Of course, I repeated it on the 522, and it still said "LNB drifting." I clicked Details, and there was some gobbledygook I couldn't understand (sorry, I should have written it down). I checked various channels (especially the HD stuff coming from 61.5), and I'm receiving everything just fine, as far as I can tell.

I have a superdish and a separate dish at 61.5. We had lots of snow, but I checked the dishes and there's no snow on either of them.

Any ideas before I call tech support?

Thanks.

I don't know exactly what the LNB drift is. I know we can use the values of the drift to determine if you need a tech or if we just need to submit a technical problem report. Check details and post your values.. They look like this (e -5.5) (o 0.00). If they exceed 6 in any direction + or - , may need a tech. Keep an eye on it though!

I don't know exactly what the LNB drift is. I know we can use the values of the drift to determine if you need a tech or if we just need to submit a technical problem report. Check details and post your values.. They look like this (e -5.5) (o 0.00). If they exceed 6 in any direction + or - , may need a tech. Keep an eye on it though!
By specs the drift should be in +- 3 MHz range.

This is strange. I did a system info on my 522, and the four sat signals (110, 119, 121, and 61.5) all showed green, but instead of saying "Good," it said something like "LNB drifting." A few minutes later, I did the same thing on my 622, and it said everything was "Good" -- no drifting. Of course, I repeated it on the 522, and it still said "LNB drifting." I clicked Details, and there was some gobbledygook I couldn't understand (sorry, I should have written it down). I checked various channels (especially the HD stuff coming from 61.5), and I'm receiving everything just fine, as far as I can tell.

I have a superdish and a separate dish at 61.5. We had lots of snow, but I checked the dishes and there's no snow on either of them.

Any ideas before I call tech support?

Thanks.
we got a notice about LNB drift...I have not run into it yet,,,There is a fix..I do not know what the fix is..The memo instructed us to NOT replace the LNB as it is not malfunctioning..If I run into this on a service call I guess I am screwed or I will have to just replace the LNB andf let the chips fall where they may..Again, I have not seen this problem crop up yet..It has been at least two months since the memo was released

Sorry to dig up an older post, but it didn't look resolved anyway. I am also experiencing this "drift". I think my values are 5 or 6 (can't remember exactly). What promted me to check in the first place is that things are not looking as clear as they used to. I didn't change anything (same TV, same s-video output to my receiver, then out to TV) but PQ is just not as good. I see what I would call "artifacting" as well as some type of motion blur or shifting. It seems to happen more on certain channels, but no channel is immune. This does not happen when watching a DVD, so I know it is not my other hardware.

What should I do? I have a 625 and still have the home advantage coverage.

I got 4 vip211's, and only one got the new L345 software today. I also noticed on the one that when i do a "system info", all sats show green and tells me to check the "LNB DRIFT". Mine is something like: 110(0-5.1) and 119(0-5.1) and nothing on 129! The other 3 211's still have the L344 software, and they all read "GOOD" after the system info check! I haven't noticed any difference in the picture on any of the channels. The only other thing i've noticed now is in the guide, all the hd channels have "HD" beside the channel name, and their mapped with the other channels (like espn, i have 2 channels that are 140, 1 shows "HD", the other dosen't) and i still have all the hd channels up in the 9400 range! Sounds like the "LNB" thing is just a software issue. Guess i'll just wait till it quits, then call tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts