LNB for sat 77 installation

tetercreekcouple

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
WV 26250
I'm located in NE part of WV (25283). My question has to do with getting locals off of Sat 77. Where I am, I have LOS issues with Sat 129. Wanting to get my locals off Sat 77. Can I use my old dish 500 with an I adapter with one lnb to do this? My lnb is several years old but still good. I didn't know if the lnb has anything to do with the mpeg4 signal from Sat 77 or whether that is all handled by the receiver. Do I need a different type of lnb? I have a vip222 I will be using on this setup. Any help will be appreciated

You most probably need to be converted to the EARC (61.5, 72 and 77) with a single dish 1000.4. Look for 1 on the DIRT team(their nicks are in red). Send them a PM with your phone number and they can look up your account.

The lnb has nothing to do with EA or WA.

You can even use the two "eye" lnb that came with your D500.

Some have even set up a D500 to receive 61.5 and 72.7 with a wing dish for 77 for an EA install.

If you locals are on 77, you probably need to change to EA , because most of the HD is on either 129 or 72.7.

Can you verify that your locals are on 77?

If they are not your change will be in vain.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not all that interested in HD as my TV is not HD capable (older model). I'm pretty sure that my locals are on 77 but is there any place that I can verify that??? Really just wanting to know if my old lnb's would work with the vip222 and that was answered here. I want to keep my current dish for 110 and 119 and just use a separate one to try for 77. Just trying to find some answers before I go to the trouble of setting a pole and mounting a dish and then going thru the whole procedure of alignment and tweaking. If my locals are on 72, I could just set up for that satellite as easy as I could for 77. How do I find out where my locals are??

With the zip (25283) in that was provided in the OP, you get Charleston, WV locals, which are available on either arc.

The zip in your "location" (26250), gets Clarksburg, WV locals, which are ONLY on 129.

MattG, Since the distance between the 2 zips referenced in your reply is only about 12 miles or less, and I am actually located about half way between the two, am I going to be locked in to only being able to get locals from 129? Can you please clarify this a little more for me? Like why I couldn't get locals from Sat 77 since it is so much higher in the sky and I have LOS for it whereas I don't have LOS for 129?

MattG, Since the distance between the 2 zips referenced in your reply is only about 12 miles or less, and I am actually located about half way between the two, am I going to be locked in to only being able to get locals from 129? Can you please clarify this a little more for me? Like why I couldn't get locals from Sat 77 since it is so much higher in the sky and I have LOS for it whereas I don't have LOS for 129?

What is the zip code at your home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)