LNB power? 129 project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Forgive my ignorance of the correct terms....

Do all LNBs put out the same amplification?

I'm still working on putting together an improved mount/dish for that pesky 129 bird.
I am thinking of taking of the 129 LNB off the Dish 1000 and just moving it over to another dish, which will be either a Dish 500 or a larger dish if I can find one locally (I think I might have found one). But I was wondering if all LNBs are the same? Do some put out more "amplification" than the unit they give you with the Dish 1000? Would a "stronger" LNB (if there is one) be worth what ever it would cost?

Is it possible to get to much gain? If I were to get a 1 meter dish with a stronger LNB, could I "over drive" the VIP 211?

All the LNBs are the same. It is the size of the dish that focuses more signal on the LNB.

The only issue I have read about with DBS satellites is if the Dish gets to large (like over 3 meters) that you start to see the individual satellites in an orbit location (like if you were looking at 110, you would have to move the dish between E6 and E8).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)