LNB Screws Rusted Solid - Can't Remove

stevedee

Original poster
May 4, 2005
I am moving and have had to cancel my beloved DISH Network. I am trying to remove the LNB for return, but the two screws on the arm are completely rusted from years of rain. I've tried spraying lube on them without success, and now I feel I'm about to permanently ruin the screw heads. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Generally, if you can't remove the lnb's, Dish will waive the return. Call a csr and let them know the problem. Are you going to install Dish at the new place? If so, you might be able to do Dish Mover.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give them a call. Unfortunately I will not be able to have DISH Network where I'm moving.

I am moving and have had to cancel my beloved DISH Network. I am trying to remove the LNB for return, but the two screws on the arm are completely rusted from years of rain. I've tried spraying lube on them without success, and now I feel I'm about to permanently ruin the screw heads. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Leave it... Call Dish and tell them you are not capable of removing the LNB...Case closed

I am trying to remove the LNB for return, but the two screws on the arm are completely rusted from years of rain. I've tried spraying lube on them without success, and now I feel I'm about to permanently ruin the screw heads. Any suggestions?
I know you've gotten a resolution, but a funny one would be to cut the arm off and leave the LNBs attached :biggrin

Reactions: bookworm370
What model dish has screws that rust the LNB in place? Most have a plastic holder and a wood type screw that holds the LNB to the arm.

What model dish has screws that rust the LNB in place? Most have a plastic holder and a wood type screw that holds the LNB to the arm.
Those things must be REALLY rusted...The heads of the screws are probably no longer attached to the body of the screws.

Really wood screw. Never seen it. The screw the OP is talking about is the screw below the lnb and that does get rusted over time. specially in the east coast where snow and rain is a part of life. :D

Really wood screw. Never seen it. The screw the OP is talking about is the screw below the lnb and that does get rusted over time. specially in the east coast where snow and rain is a part of life. :D
Are you talking about the screw that holds the yoke in place? The Lnb screws are up on the yoke at the base of the LNB.

Woah. Claude posting something about Dish, and it not be a hateful message towards them???? Claude... Don't fail me now...