LNB sl3 replacing a sl5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JackEmy

Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
Florida
I am trying to set up a temp installation I have a slimline with a sl5 LNB with a signal of 95%. I have a r22-200 when I put in the sl3 I bought on eBay I get no signal. How can I test the sl3 LNB

Jack

Wouldn't you have to repoint the dish as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, I went from a SL5 LNB to the new Reverse LNB 3 LNB DISH and all I needed to do was pop the old LNB off, the new LNB on then go inside and resetup the Satellite settings. It went through found the new LNB and all was well after that. :)

:welcome to Satelliteguys JackEmy!

Is the new one swm and the old one non swm? If so, you need a power inserter.

Nope, I went from a SL5 LNB to the new Reverse LNB 3 LNB DISH and all I needed to do was pop the old LNB off, the new LNB on then go inside and resetup the Satellite settings. It went through found the new LNB and all was well after that. :)

And it works the other way, too, of course. All they did was take the 3 off and put the 5 on. I was glad to see that he checked the signals after doing so and all were great.

I am trying to set up a temp installation I have a slimline with a sl5 LNB with a signal of 95%. I have a r22-200 when I put in the sl3 I bought on eBay I get no signal. How can I test the sl3 LNB

Jack

as mentioned, you need to redo satellite setup. the SL5 pulls information from the 101 and 119, where as the SL3 only from the 101. so your reciever is expecting to be getting more information then it has and thinks its not working. and as stated, if the new lnb is swm thats a whole nother ball game.

and no, they dont need to re-point the dish for the 3/5, its already pointing where it needs to go.

Well, again we have someone that came here for info, got the info and never reported back if it worked ...

People, please respond back to let those trying to help out know if you've made progress.

I went from SWM SL3 to SWM SL5 yesterday without needing to adjust anything. Although 119 signals are low...

I went from SWM SL3 to SWM SL5 yesterday without needing to adjust anything. Although 119 signals are low...

There is your sign - You need to re-run the sat setup - or restart the receiver (red button) or through the menu - If you are still showing the 119 - you have not reset the sat receiver to the correct LNB -it still thinks it has a SL5

There is your sign - You need to re-run the sat setup - or restart the receiver (red button) or through the menu - If you are still showing the 119 - you have not reset the sat receiver to the correct LNB -it still thinks it has a SL5
He went from a 3 to a 5, not the other way around. You are right though. I went from a 5 to a 3 and was still getting signal strength readings on 119 until I redid the sat setup.

Reactions: vazhog
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)