lnb test

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmwuehler

Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
nebraska
any way to test if lnb on our 18" dual lnb dish is good? we removed for new roof. when got out of garage plastic cover on lnb has small crack. dont want to spend $$ on new dish if not needed also don't want to reinstall if its not working. tnx

Sounds like your in quite a pickle.

You wouldnt have to buy a new dish if the lnb was bad (just the lnb). And if you didnt want to call 1800DirecTv, im sure your local D retailer carries the standard lnb.(We carry them). There not much money.

A couple options (maybe).
Hook dish back up. Go to a D box.
Hit menu-Favs Setup-System Setup-SAtellite-repeat sat setup-01:Round 18 / 02:Multiswitch- view signal strength-signal meters
TURN VOLUME UP ON TV
hold dish steady to try to get signal or mount the dish on something temporary (pole,deck post, siding, wife, kids, ac unit, 67 mustang etc)

If you do not know your azimuth & elevation. Post your city, state or zip and we can get it for you

Sounds like your in quite a pickle.

You wouldnt have to buy a new dish if the lnb was bad (just the lnb). And if you didnt want to call 1800DirecTv, im sure your local D retailer carries the standard lnb.(We carry them). There not much money.

A couple options (maybe).
Hook dish back up. Go to a D box.
Hit menu-Favs Setup-System Setup-SAtellite-repeat sat setup-01:Round 18 / 02:Multiswitch- view signal strength-signal meters
TURN VOLUME UP ON TV
hold dish steady to try to get signal or mount the dish on something temporary (pole,deck post, siding, wife, kids, ac unit, 67 mustang etc)

If you do not know your azimuth & elevation. Post your city, state or zip and we can get it for you

If you set it up on the 67 Mustang your HISTORY.

paxton, ne 69155 the elevation markings are fine on dish but the little sticker wrapped around the round pole for azimuth have the little tick marks but the numbers have faded. anyway to figure out how it was numbered? tnx so much for the help & info.

dmwuehler said:
paxton, ne 69155 the elevation markings are fine on dish but the little sticker wrapped around the round pole for azimuth have the little tick marks but the numbers have faded. anyway to figure out how it was numbered? tnx so much for the help & info.

There are a bunch of sources that give different results(1 or 2 degrees off) For the most part this is yours:
202 azimuth
42 elevation

Most of my installs are northern ga which calls for 211 SW and 47 elevation. By the time I get down aligning the dish it might be 213 SW and 45 elevation.

My point is that you will have to just tweak with it until you acquire the best signal.

dmwuehler said:

There are a bunch of sources that give different results(1 or 2 degrees off) For the most part this is yours:
202 azimuth
42 elevation

Most of my installs are northern ga which calls for 211 SW and 47 elevation. By the time I get down aligning the dish it might be 213 SW and 45 elevation.

My point is that you will have to just tweak with it until you acquire the best signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts