LNBF adapter question

Tappy Tibbons

Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
We have two Dish 500 dishes (one pointing at 119/110 and one at 61.5) going to a DP34 switch. When our install was done they used the Y/twin LNBF adapters on both of the dishes but the dish pointing at 61.5 only uses a single LNBF. So on the 61.5 dish there's just this big opening at the end of the arm where another LNBF could have gone. Now that I'm looking at it I realize it would be a great place for snow, ice, freezing rain, or insects to start collecting or even build up inside of the arm. Should I ask that a single LNBF adapter replace the one that's there now in order to close up that huge opening? I would have said something earlier but I didn't realize it until after the install was over. I'd hate for it to become a real problem when the weather isn't as nice as it is now or after my service warranty is up. Any thoughts? Thank you.

There is no single LNBF adapter. It probably would have looked better with a single 18" dish for 61.5, but that is how Dish does things. I would put a piece of grey Duct Tape over the hole, if you are concerned about the elements.

jlhugh said:
That "Y" will come off and just put the LNB on there without the "Y". You will have to probably realign the dish if you want to do this.
This absolutely will NOT work, if you remove the "Y" without putting in the single LNB adapter the focal point would be wrong.

al, check the link, there IS an adapter.

n0qcu said:
al, check the link, there IS an adapter.

Wow! Thanks Kevin, for the link. I did not know there was such an animal. DNSC needs to get some of these for their second dish local installs. Their installs do look half assed with the open slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)