lnbf for CM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new-2-fta

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
My old Channel Master had a lnb mounted in a 40mm clamp can a lnbf be used in its place. where the old feedhorn used to be.

yes it will work. People do it all the time. I did it on my Primestar dish

Hey Ice, does the signal suffer any due to the fact that the OEM feed sits closer to the dish than an aftermarket LNBF. I always wondered about that since on my 90cm P* the factory feed is matched to the dish. I would think you would over illuminate the dish and pick up thermal noise.

Thanks

Thanks I must have created new post these forums are all new to me. I will chatch on sooner or later.

Hey Ice, does the signal suffer any due to the fact that the OEM feed sits closer to the dish than an aftermarket LNBF. I always wondered about that since on my 90cm P* the factory feed is matched to the dish. I would think you would over illuminate the dish and pick up thermal noise.

not really. I have a P* at G11 and when the factory LNB blowed up I temporarily swapped it with a regular LNB (gutted so it would fit on the 25mm spot) and the signal was the same. I have tried 3 or 4 LNB's on there and they all are the same

The flange is still the best though. They bolt right on there :)

not really. I have a P* at G11 and when the factory LNB blowed up I temporarily swapped it with a regular LNB (gutted so it would fit on the 25mm spot) and the signal was the same. I have tried 3 or 4 LNB's on there and they all are the same

The flange is still the best though. They bolt right on there :)

Cool... An Invacom could work very well since the struts can handle a heavy Lnbf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tv on computor

new sats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)