LNBF information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

justdave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Hi guys I was just wondering if there is a post or web page to help setup the LNB for each satellite. I looked in the faq but i didnt see one. Thanks:)

Whats to set up, the L.O.

Linear standard = 10750

Linear Universal = 9750 - 10600

Linear C-Band 5150

Circular DBS = 11250

Well...... I guess on my coolsat5000 I can set the universal for 2 freq ranges. I am having trouble finding 123 Should I use standard or universal?

Iceberg said:
set it for single

Dont unse Universal unless the LNB is a Universal
Is there a way to tell by the model and packaging info if its uni or standard?

An easy way is the L.O.

Standards use 10750

Universals use 9750-10600

My setup is coolsat 5000, invacom qph-031 quad lnb,4x1 diseqc switch,31 inch dish and a dm910 motor . It looks like there is a setup for the switch and for the lnb. Is there a easy way to find out how to setup the coolsat for each bird?

how can I tell if a satellite is circular or linear? Is this info posted someplace?

it's posted several places actually. http://www.lyngsat.com lists most all the satellites up there. The ones that list L/R (left and right) are circular. The ones that list H/V (horizontal/veritcal) are linear. That's tricky though because sometimes you can pick up some circular signals with a linear lnb...

basically anything coming from a Satellite that you can read in North America that's from Dish Network, Direct TV, or Bell Express Vu (Bev) is Circular (and usually encrypted except for a small handful of stations) and everything else is linear.... basically Echostars = Dishnetwork, Nimiq=Bev, and Spaceways (and maybe one or two echostars too?) = DirecTV. Dishnetwork and DirecTv have subscribers in United States. Bell Expressvu has subscribers in Canada.

There's also another network that encrypts called Globo something or the other? Can't remember the name... and they use linear, mostly on IA5, and there's a few others too, like the signals encrypted with Powervu... There's a lot of technical know how round here. Asking questions is good, but reading can be helpful too...

There's a lot of learning you can do by reading the FAQ sections.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Standards use 10750 Universals use 9750-10600 Is a standard and a single the same thing? And I am not sure how to tell which one to select. Is this information on the lyngsat web site? Thank you from a newbee:)

Standard and single usually mean the same thing, it should say on the LNB box if its a Universal or standard!

No info on Lyngsat about your LNB!

When doing a blind scan what is the differance between Universal or standard? Does it just scan different freq ranges?

A Universal and a Standard are descriptions of the type of LNBF you have!

Nothing to do with blind scan!

I have a qph-031 lnb I know that I can select Universal or Standard. But I was wondering how does the lnb look at the satellite signal with the two settings. If I look at a satellite with one setting the coolsat will see it and not with the other?

The Invacom QPH-031 is a STANDARD on the linear outputs you should ONLY use 10750 for the L.O.

If you use Universal it will mess all your frequencies up!

(The circular outputs L.O. is 11250)

Could this be why when I do a blind scan and it comes up sometimes with 2 sets of the same channels?

I have the switch and the l port and c port going on the commited setting of my coolsat. Now that I am in the mud. Let me ask you this. What is the uncommited setting for? Thank you from a newbee. You guys are the best!!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have tried 4 standard LNBFs on my Coolsat 5000. I have to choose Universal 9.../10750. Other options don't work. It only happens on AMC4. Does Iceberg or any Coolsat Owners know the answer. Thanks.

Cuong

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts