LNBF question concerning the Ultra

Got nowhere. I put my Invacom on the dish. Changed my receiver settings to 9750/10750. First, I tried Universal, no go. No quality reading. Switched the setting to the 9750/10750 and still no results.
I am going to change back to the original LNBF and forget about using the universal LNBF. Maybe the Invacom is shot, I don't know. The other day when I put it on I get signal and quality readings while on the 97W bird. Just won't work on the 125W AMC 21 bird.
Oh well.

Do I need to reboot my AZBox after installing the LNBF and setting up the receiver's setup? Kinda hate the idea.
On all other FTA receivers I just turn the receiver back on and go from there.

Got nowhere. I put my Invacom on the dish. Changed my receiver settings to 9750/10750. First, I tried Universal, no go. No quality reading. Switched the setting to the 9750/10750 and still no results.
I am going to change back to the original LNBF and forget about using the universal LNBF. Maybe the Invacom is shot, I don't know. The other day when I put it on I get signal and quality readings while on the 97W bird. Just won't work on the 125W AMC 21 bird.
Oh well.

Do I need to reboot my AZBox after installing the LNBF and setting up the receiver's setup? Kinda hate the idea.
On all other FTA receivers I just turn the receiver back on and go from there.

MrFTAMan,

Remember that you are working with the AZBox. It is finicky and its tuner is finicky, too. Apply the "PILOT" option (set to "1") and experiment with the TP frequency. You may have to delete the TP and add it back in with a frequency that is +/-up to 5 MHz (1 MHz at a time) for it to lock. It is a pain in the neck, but if it does not scan in automatically, you have to coax it manually and sort of teach it manually.

If you have it operational with the SD channels, then you can monitor your alignment and tighten that up (optimize it) to help out the HD signals. The HD signals are also picky, so it requires some playful ingenuity and patience. Don't give up, but don't let it consume you either. It is just a matter of patience and trial and error. It DOES work, it is just a matter of getting the settings right.

You will have to do it on your own, as each tuner may vary slightly and so will every AZBox. If I acquire better information on this subject, I will post it, but please don't hold your breath.

RADAR

here the specs for that lnb in case ya don't have em. the LO frequencies as pointed out by crackt earlier are 9750/10600 so make sure the AZ is set to those values (if it can .... not all receivers have a 9750/10600 setting option). it may not fix your problem but it can't help your troubleshooting if the AZ is set wrong.

View attachment UniSingleC2C.pdf

Radar, the LNBF is not giving me the quality signal what soever. When I put the other LNBF back on, and reset the settings in the Ultra, the signal and quality jumped big time! It may be the AZBox been super sensitive or the LNBF is bad. Later on, when the weather warms up some, I will use my Coolsat 8000 and see what happens when I put the Invacom back on.
Thanks Beavs for the info on the LNBF I have. Put a copy in my AZBox folder in this computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)