Maz 3.0 Problem

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I cannot get maz to work in english i have downloaded it a dozen times from different sites and none of them will work. the language selector is blank.every time i try to open it i get error Access Violation At Address 008567AD In Module 'Maz.exe
Read od Address 00000000:confused:

What operating system are you using on your pc? I ask because there may be some with much more knowledge than myself of your operating system to explain what else needs to be deleted from the pc to uninstall all the maz files on your pc. If you have installed maz more than once it may be located in more then one place and windoze does not delete ALL the Files using the uninstaller. You would need to gp to my computer in some instances and find the folders it is in and delete them then empty your recycle bin, and reboot the pc after that is done. I have maz on XP and Windoze-7 It is working properly on both those systems.

I Have it on windows 7 64 bit.when deleting maz files i use the search function to find all maz files and delete them

On my windoze-7 64 bit system I had maz files under Program Files (x86) and then under a separate folder which was named satellite info.
You need to go to "Computer" (that's what is says on my system, then to your hard drive and carefully look under your folders to see where the program may still be residing.
By downloading it many times you may have it in more than one place in your system. Where-ever you find maz files delete them all.

That is the best I can tell you as I am not a computer guru.

If anyone else has a better way I hope they will chime in here.

the easy way is to go to start then search put in maz and search it will find any maz programs are files and show you where they are at. i have found out a lot of other people are having this same problem

I cannot get maz to work in english i have downloaded it a dozen times from different sites and none of them will work. the language selector is blank.every time i try to open it i get error Access Violation At Address 008567AD In Module 'Maz.exe
Read od Address 00000000:confused:

Rodder,

I am not sure if what I have done / am doing is a "fix" or if I have done something else that corrected it, but, just in case, try this...

I installed the MaZEdit program in my program files. I then deleted all the language files (except Spanish and English) from the library. I retained the Spanish (Espanol) library as that is the default language file and the English library file as that is the one that I want to use. Then, I did NOT create a shortcut to the application file on my desktop. I opened it directly from the program file.

So far, it hasn't opened back up in any other language other than English for me. But, I haven't tested this very long, just 4-6 weeks so far. So, I may be a little premature in any evaluation. If you would like to try it on your system, that is my notion so far.

RADAR

I am still detecting the language issue myself. Just witnessed it today again. It seems that it cannot find the other language library files and therefore defaults to Espanol. When it does come up with the language file that I had selected (English) I can select between the language files that I have not deleted. Otherwise, the selection drop down menu is empty.

I think it is a problem in the MaZEdit program itself. Some quirk that causes it to miss a command during initialization.

RADAR

Rodder,

I am not sure if what I have done / am doing is a "fix" or if I have done something else that corrected it, but, just in case, try this...

I installed the MaZEdit program in my program files. I then deleted all the language files (except Spanish and English) from the library. I retained the Spanish (Espanol) library as that is the default language file and the English library file as that is the one that I want to use. Then, I did NOT create a shortcut to the application file on my desktop. I opened it directly from the program file.

So far, it hasn't opened back up in any other language other than English for me. But, I haven't tested this very long, just 4-6 weeks so far. So, I may be a little premature in any evaluation. If you would like to try it on your system, that is my notion so far.

RADAR

To follow up on this prob i have found your on the right track Radar .The culpret seems to be in the short cut . What i have found is launch the program from within the Mazedit file folder and no need to delete any languages.When creating a short cut to launch it seems to revert to Spanish .

I had that problem once before and I resolved it by deleting that copy of Maz (entire folder) and using unzipping a new one. I'm guessing one of the files became corrupt as this resolved the issue.

i just got a new computer it has windows 7 on it the first thing was try to run maz it gives me the same error and cannot select english.

if its any consolation, I can run Maz (with english) on my Win7 PC, FTP file to the PC but I can't FTP files to the AZBox whereas Filezilla works fine.