LNBF Rotation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I don't understand a lot about the FTA system. We have one. I installed it but had to pay someone to come and point it at the AMC4 satellite for me.

I don't understand the role the rotation of the LNBF plays. If I did get a motor to move the dish from one satellite to another, wouldn't the LNBF also need to be rotated?

Since I live in the tip of Texas, just a few miles north of the Mexican border, I am on the edge of the footprint and, from what I understand, I need a motor, even with multiple LNBFs in order to pick up signals from more than one satellite.

ShaneLinder said:
I don't understand the role the rotation of the LNBF plays. If I did get a motor to move the dish from one satellite to another, wouldn't the LNBF also need to be rotated?

The rotation of the dish along the Clark belt will change the skew for you. If you stand in front of your dish and do the mental gymnastics of imagining it rotating to due south, you would see that your LNBF skew would become 0 when your dish is due south. Remember that the axis of this rotation is not vertical, it is tilted depending on your latitude. As you rotate your dish to the south it is also gaining elevation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)